• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Large frosted vinyl

702displays

I'm installing a 45x94 piece of frosted vinyl that has a logo cut out of the center that's 18"x36". Should I transfer tape the whole piece or just the logo area in the center? It's bfree frosted vinyl from Mactac if that makes a difference.

AKwrapguy

I'm installing a 45x94 piece of frosted vinyl that has a logo cut out of the center that's 18"x36". Should I transfer tape the whole piece or just the logo area in the center? It's bfree frosted vinyl from Mactac if that makes a difference.

We do them all the time. Use hi-tack transfer tape over the whole thing.

bigben

if it's bfree mactac, I use regular medium-tack paper premask without any problem. I prefer to premask the hole thing because it as tendency to stretch without it.

bannertime

Yeah, mask the whole thing. To add on to what bigben said; you'll likely get bubbles around the edge of the masking tape. No reason not to mask it. We've used medium-tack but only with Etchmark.