• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Large Heat Press

lkt1954

I am looking for someone with an oversized heat press in the 32" x 42" range that would be willing to press a few test tees.

We are trying to expand the color tees we sublimate on. Currently we can sublimate on white and sports grey gildan poly tees with great success. Now we are wanting to try more of the softer colors- light blue, safety colors, etc.

In testing on our 16" x 20" platens we get a shiny box where the platen was(tried everything suggested and its still there). My thought is if the entire front is pressed on a platen bigger than the tee- no box.

I will furnish the tees, prints and will pay for your time.

Anyone interested?

Thanks
Larry

WildWestDesigns

If you are wanting to try different colors, alongside the wider format press, I would suggest stick with white and flood whatever shirt color you ultimately want in the design itself. Results will be better. Plus it will give you a much better color range then trying to use light colors already on the shirt. If you are already using light colors, then have to worry about the design colors and how well they will blend with the original shirt color.

Also, I would suggest at minimum using unfinished tees and finishing them after pressing. Or if you have a good pattern maker and good at sewing, do it from the ground up.

Just my suggestion on that.