• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

LARGE INVENTORY OF MATERIAL - closing shop and wondering the potential interest

Ashelyn

We have been a family run vehicle graphics company specializing in law enforcement vehicles for nearly 30 years in Florida. However, we have decided to close shop after the unexpected passing of our father who ran the company. We have posted previously about selling our inventory of specialized tools and digital textures/fills, etc - https://signs101.com/threads/closing-shop-selling-our-inventory-of-tools-equipment.161956/

However, we also have a large collection of every type of material (Reflective, high performance non-reflective, 680CR, real small engine turn gold, v98 chevron, etc.) in a variety of colors. However they come in an array of sizes, some extremely long large scraps, others are smaller in size. My father never threw away any scrap of material if he thought he could print on it or cut with it later.

So we were wondering if there would be any interest among the industry in purchasing this sort of material? obviously if there is interest in this then i would put together a spreadsheet of our inventory with sizes for sale.

Ashelyn

Sorry for your loss. You might want to re evaluate your prices if you want that stuff to move... you're asking top dollar.
Which items do you think are overpriced? Thankfully we got a lot of offers and sold a lot overnight. However, I'm learning as we go with this process and am open to suggestions as to what items should have a price reduction.

MikePro

those vinyl swatch decks are $10 new, and most likely discontinued (1080 is now 2080) but otherwise the prices on your remaining items are competitive.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Well then neverminded if it is selling. I looked at your ebay store and noticed you only sold a few items... one since yesterday. But if you are selling "tons" then nevermind my post. Those Pantone charts are priced about what new ones cost.

Ashelyn

Well then neverminded if it is selling. I looked at your ebay store and noticed you only sold a few items... one since yesterday. But if you are selling "tons" then nevermind my post. Those Pantone charts are priced about what new ones cost.
Tons is a relative term, we've sold like five items, which for me is exciting. I'm grateful all the time i spent researching the items and putting them on ebay wasn't in vein. But i appreciate you concern in regards to the sale of those items and i'll definitely keep your suggestions in mind moving forward.
I'll likely just take the color swatches off and someone is interested in the pantone charts with a best offer, so it should all work out! Thanks again and happy holidays!

SE SignSupply

I'm sorry for your loss, looks like your father ran a good business.

Just FYI. That Roland printhead you posted on Ebay, does not look new. You can see the old ink left in a ring by the captop. If it's indeed used, I would toss it as it has no value.

Good luck with your other sales.

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
I wish you would go pick up the returned printhead from the post office and issue the refund.
I was trying to help you out but you really need to inspect things before you sell them. The head was a used Black head. Im not calling you out as dishonest. Im just informing you of your mistake.
The head has been back and the PO has been trying to be deliver it since January 2nd. If you don't proceed with the refund I will have no choice but to escalate the claim.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I wish you would go pick up the returned printhead from the post office and issue the refund.
I was trying to help you out but you really need to inspect things before you sell them. The head was a used Black head. Im not calling you out as dishonest. Im just informing you of your mistake.
The head has been back and the PO has been trying to be deliver it since January 2nd. If you don't proceed with the refund I will have no choice but to escalate the claim.

Not surprised. I could tell early on she was deceptive when she sold "tons" and anyone can clearly see the selling history and it showed very little.

Ashelyn

I apologize i did not realize it had come in and assumed Ebay would process this refund automatically. I will get to the bottom of it and ensure you get your refund if not today then tomorrow.

Ashelyn

Not surprised. I could tell early on she was deceptive when she sold "tons" and anyone can clearly see the selling history and it showed very little.

Okay, i dont know what your problem is and why you have taken such an interest in me or our ebay account, but let me give you the low down to knock your ego down a few pegs. Also let me preface with i dont want your sympathy but i do need you to back off. My dad was 49 years old and in great shape, was the best father who would do anything for his girls and died unexpectedly from a heart attack in the middle of a grocery store and my life changed forever that day. I'm currently getting my PhD in microbiology as a first generation college student and i took a leave of absence to be able to come home and take care of my mom who is disabled and my little sister while also helping run a business that I understood well enough from growing up on peeling tables and designing graphics to keep it going until we had a buyer. I'm trying to ensure my mom has additional income by selling these items so she can survive - which we actually HAVE been very successful with. I'm not being deceptive on these items, i had no idea he had used the printhead, i thought it was grease... i'm a microbiologist so how would know? And the reason i didn't know it had been returned to us is because my great-grandfather just died three months after my father. SO, we are doing the best we can and really appreciate if you weren't assuming that we're being deceptive when in reality we've experienced yet another tragedy and we just simply are ignorant with printer parts and the only person who would know if it was new or not is dead. So now how about you go about your business, and i'll go about mine generating new antibiotics against pathogens while also trying to keep my family financially afloat by selling off his estate.

Oh, happy new year and god bless... or whatever kind remarks you clearly have never been granted in your life.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Okay, i dont know what your problem is and why you have taken such an interest in me or our ebay account, but let me give you the low down to knock your ego down a few pegs. Also let me preface with i dont want your sympathy but i do need you to back off. My dad was 49 years old and in great shape, was the best father who would do anything for his girls and died unexpectedly from a heart attack in the middle of a grocery store and my life changed forever that day. I'm currently getting my PhD in microbiology as a first generation college student and i took a leave of absence to be able to come home and take care of my mom who is disabled and my little sister while also helping run a business that I understood well enough from growing up on peeling tables and designing graphics to keep it going until we had a buyer. I'm trying to ensure my mom has additional income by selling these items so she can survive - which we actually HAVE been very successful with. I'm not being deceptive on these items, i had no idea he had used the printhead, i thought it was grease... i'm a microbiologist so how would know? And the reason i didn't know it had been returned to us is because my great-grandfather just died three months after my father. SO, we are doing the best we can and really appreciate if you weren't assuming that we're being deceptive when in reality we've experienced yet another tragedy and we just simply are ignorant with printer parts and the only person who would know if it was new or not is dead. So now how about you go about your business, and i'll go about mine generating new antibiotics against pathogens while also trying to keep my family financially afloat by selling off his estate.

Oh, happy new year and god bless... or whatever kind remarks you clearly have never been granted in your life.

Sorry for all your loss.

I don't know you from Adam. Many people here come and go and some are here to start trouble and rip people off. It's been done before...several times. So when I see a red flag.. like you posting about " sold a lot overnight" when in fact you sold ONE item that night (and a total of 3 or 4 before that) it didn't compute. I don't know what microbiologist creating antibiotics think a lot means but to me it's more than one. I'm just pointing out a little deception here.

On a personal note... If I'm trying to belittle someone which is not what the Bible tells us to do, I certainly wouldn't end that conversation with God bless.

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
I was nothing but nice. I was firm in my response but not rude. I bought the printhead from you after reading your post about your dad passing.
We had a few back and forth with the make offer on ebay, settled on a price and I bought it.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't know it was a used head. That's why I did the return with photos. I didn't come here first and blast you as a crook. I waited about week and when i checked on the shipping status it said was out for delivery every day since the 2nd. So I came here hoping you would come back and check your post. You checked it and as far as i'm concerned all is good.When you issue the refund, all is good. No harm no foul.

When you get old like me, you have seen most of the scams run in some form or fashon. After a while people get gun shy on making deals online and see red flags. I cant speak for Texas_Signmaker but in his defense we do see people come on here and offer stuff for sale and vaporize or sell faulty equipment and not stand behind the sale.

Sounds like you have had a very rough time as of late and are stressed to the limit. GOD puts more on you than you can handle for a reason. He wants you to lean on HIM.