• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Large Outdoor Banner Needed 5'x6' Printed

Stacey K

I like making signs
Good Morning! I'm looking for a reputable printer for a large outdoor banner. Size needs to be 5'x6'. It will be used in a parade then put on a billboard in a subdivision showing open lots for sale. I've seen Zoo Printing and 4Over mentioned in some threads but I also see bad reviews...my local printer is too busy to meet my deadline of next Friday (it would be great to have a back-up printer also). Second part...is a "long term" printed banner a bad idea? Is there anything I should be aware of? Any printed banners I've done thus far have been short term outdoor. Thank you for the help in advance!

2B

There are several merchant members here that can fill your needs.

To have the banner used as long term.
Use a heavier weight material
Reinforce the hem and corners
Make sure that once installed there is no slack. Wind whipping is the quickest way to tear up a banner

Sent from my SAMSUNG using Tapatalk

unclebun

I wouldn't consider 5'x6' to be a large banner. We do those in-house. Although your customer may think the banner will be a long term sign, it isn't. Even screwed to a rigid surface like this one will be, it will fade in a year or two.

bannertime

I use 4over for some grand format banners. They've gotten much better in terms of vinyl print quality. Before it used to look like they were printing on a weak 4 pass. Not indoor quality, but decent. Signs365 has good quality as long as it doesn't get to you dirty or scuffed up. IndyImaging is top notch stuff, but a little pricier. MerritGraphics or whoever they are does good work. B2sign does sewn edges, so if you want that, they're pretty good. Quality Banner does some good work, they're trying to improve their turn-around and prices.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Thanks everyone for your help, I didn't end up getting the job. I'm guessing she didn't want to pay my set up fee to recreate the artwork. She also didn't want it printed, which is fine but with 90 lots in the subdivision to recreate and 2-3 color, it's not a quick banner like "Opening Soon" (she just had a very detailed blueprint to work from). I also envisioned having trouble lining up this massive grid system as I only have a 30" cutter. In the end, I'm relieved, it gave me a headache thinking about it.

A nice sign on the site and a colorful banner for parades would have been a much better option for this Realtor, but she didn't want to spend the money I guess. She would only need to sell about a 10'x10' lot to get her money back LOL