• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Large Photoshop Files

10sacer

Have two banner files that are 822 inches and 914 inches long respectively and are saved as .psb files out of Photoshop.

I do not get an option to save them as anything other than TIFF, PSB or RAW.

I need to save them as JPEG to send to printer. Is there any way to do this with such large files?

Final resolution at full size is 100 ppi

Thanks

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
What version of Photoshop do you have? JPEG should be a standard option under the Save As option. Also, TIFF is a better format to save a bitmap file and your RIP should be able to accept it as a file type. JPEG compresses the file and creates artifacts where as TIFF files are lossless.

10sacer

I have the latest PS CC 2017.
JPEG is a standard Save As option when image size + resolution creates a file less than 2 GB. Any larger than that and you only get what I am getting as options.
I reduced the resolution to 72 ppi and it worked. Artifacts won't matter on 50/50 perf vinyl.

copythat

Any reason why you are designing in PS? You should use Corel or Illustrator to create files. You can easily make files that would be too big in PS to less than 1/12th the size in any of the others.

Johnny Best

You have to flatten them to save as a .jpeg in Photo shop. If you do not want to lose all your layers, save as a copy, then save the copy as a ,jpeg

oksigns

Have two banner files that are 822 inches and 914 inches long respectively and are saved as .psb files out of Photoshop.

I do not get an option to save them as anything other than TIFF, PSB or RAW.

I need to save them as JPEG to send to printer. Is there any way to do this with such large files?

Final resolution at full size is 100 ppi

Thanks
May I ask why you must use a JPG file for printing? because even a TIFF will allow you the choice of compression.