• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Large Window Perf Install

Hi,

I am doing a large perforated window install and I am wondering what kind of method people use when it comes to the seam of the two pieces. I was thinking of using knifeless tape to create a butt joint and then seal with edge tape. Or should I just leave the 1/4 overlap seam as is?

Any thoughts?

2B

as stated, ANY overlap will be noticeable, especially on perf,

knifeless tape and a butt seam is a method we use very often, just make sure you go back and apply good pressure and/or post heat to the butt seam. if you are using cast material there should be no reason for the edge tape.
even if optically clear you will see the edge tape, just like you would see an overlay

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Depends what the perf is made of. A polymeric won't shrink/grow as much as a monomeric perf media.
We have a job installed ~4 years ago still working great with butt joints on polymeric media. Each time I visit I check out the joints. Less than 1mm after all this time.