• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laser Engraved plaque needed

Sparky

I was not sure where to post this, but maybe here works?

I have art for a plaque that I need laser engraved into a brushed steel or maybe a galvanized piece of metal that will be mounted on a corrugated interior wall.

As far as size goes, my customer is trying to figure that out, but less than 18x20 and bigger than 8x11.

Who can help me out with getting this made?

I will update when they have a better grip on size.

(The merchant directory was less than helpful in finding someone to help me with this, but it could have been me I suppose.)

CES020

You should know that the type of lasers used in the majority of engraving will not engrave into metal. The wavelength of the beam won't do anything to metal.

There are compounds that can be applied to various metals that will actually fuse into the metal once hit with the laser, but the actual laser itself won't do anything to the materials you mentioned.

veloxgraphics

Maybe try an impact printer... roland makes some smaller ones for pendants, etc... but im sure there's a larger scale version out there somewhere that can do this.

Sparky

thanks Fred - Missed that area!

BTW - I have art and want to sub this out. Not sure of the process for lasers, but know what the end product looks like.

V-ENGRAVE

Does your customer have steel plate or would engraver have to supply them?

As mentioned above some steel (uncoated) can be marked with Co2 lasers using compound called CerMark. It works well on stainless and aluminum.

Fiber lasers will produce mark without compounds but you will have hard time locating one in your area.

I know of some engraving shops that are local to your area and could put you in contact with them.

If you can use plastics with brush aluminum finish any one with laser could engrave it for you.

Sparky

Honestly, I do wraps. This is for a very good customer, so I said I would get it done for her. I am laser stupid. She wants this plaque art on metal to go along with the theme of the building (corrugated metal, industrial).

I am completely open to ideas!

CES020

Is she looking for color, or fine with black and white? What's the image? A photograph? Text? Logo?

Nash Signs

I have a ROFIN laser etcher that will surface etch or engrave into any metal with the exception of aluminum as it will absorb the laser.
I am however limited to size. Approximately 12" x 18' would be as large as I could go. Can also etch on a rotational axis if needed. PM me your dimensions and maybe I can help.

Sparky

Got it covered!

Thanks everyone!

Oh and Fred - The classified section, is confusing and did not net any results. This thread produced results. Just letting you know.