• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Laser Marking fluid

John Testa

I just got a laser engraver and I know there are fluids out there like CelMark to be able to etch stainless steel and other metals. My question is that are there other fluids that are also recommended that can be comparable in quality and price? Anyone have any experience?

Category5

Stick with Ceramark for stainless. There’s a ton of information online regarding settings for various machines. I’ve tried some knockoffs and always end up going back to their product.

RatherDashing

Make sure to follow instructions for their spray cans exactly. It's expensive, and I had a student leave the can in the wrong position, and the gas escaped, leaving the rest of the can useless. The marking fluid doesn't etch the metal, it leaves a ceramic coating on the steel. The metal must also be uncoated. We only use Ceramark.

CanuckSigns

I've been laser engraving for over 18 years, we switched to laserbond 100 about 2 years ago from Cermark, havn't looked back, less expensive and the mark is darker as well