• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laser / Projecting "OPEN" sign

Hi All,

I have a client who is looking for some type of OPEN sign that he can mount inside of the glass of his storefront that will project some sort of light onto the pavement (or otherwise) to let people know he is open.

Any thoughts!

Merry Christmas,
Joe

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Very cool idea. You could build an array of a gazillion of those laser lights you use for teasing the cat. I'm sure OSHA would make him put a warning sticker on the window about the hazards of laser radiation and potential eye injury.

Perhaps you could use a scan head laser and make it animated.

If the laser idea doesn't work out, you may have to put something directly overhead and project the light straight downward. LEDs would be good for that.

But anyway, the idea sounds interesting....

From google:

http://www.viecoballoons.com/Ad-Lasers.htm

JB

vid

hmmm? hmmm?

attachment.php

Attachments

• 101_HolidayLightProjector.jpg
    101_HolidayLightProjector.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 99

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Led Club or DJ lighting that uses a custom gobo... You can have them move too but I would check your code before suggesting that.

Locals Find!

Just install a spot light outside with a transparency mounted over the lens of the canister. What your looking to do isn't that expensive or complex. Hell my kids have been making things like this for years with just some old can lights, construction paper, wax paper, scissors and a rubber band.

rjssigns

Check into 3M Vikuiti film. Slick stuff. Mounts on inside of glass then you fire a LCD projector at it. LCD TV projectors are cheap as chips now. Message can be changed infinitely. Some are integrating "touch" into the displays to make them interactive.

We even have it in our dead downtown in N.E. WI.