• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions laser proofing printer

bigben

Hi, I would like to have a suggestion for a laser proofing printer. I would like to be able to print on 12inx18in and take up to 300gsm paper (I wish for a 350gsm). It will be use for hard copy proof and some internal flyers once in a while.

Any suggestions?

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
What are you planning to proof?
You'll need a printer that can achieve a bigger colour gamut than your main printers can achieve.
You'll get less colour with a laser printer.

bigben

I just want a printer with "good" color to have something close to what my latex printer will do. It's just to give a general idea of the final result to my customer. Right now, I'm using a brother inkjet printer but it take too much time to print and the ink is soak in the paper. I would like something closer to a digital press, but not in that price range.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I run an Epson P600. It does the job for me. If you don't want it to "soak" the paper making a profile for it help.
All epson printers have decent profiles if using their papers. But they do print a bit "warm" on purpose.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
You're just not going to get the required gamut with a laser... period.
You would be better off with something like the Canon Pro 1000 for proofing.

mameighan

Okidata makes a nice 12x18 if you can afford it. I also use a HP 5225. Slow for big runs but nice quality is good. Older model but you can pick it up for about 1500. Generic toners available otherwise around 1000 per set

woolly

Xerox 7800 is the nearest to your requirements as far as I know .. hi res 350 grm can add colour matching system..
Probably best on a page pack

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
There's no point in having a proofing printer that has a lower colour gamut than your printer. The idea of that is replicate what you're printer is going to print so your client will be happy with the colours.
You cannot really just give them a piece of paper with their image on it and say "It'll look something like this"