• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Laser with Ethernet / Network connection?

2B

Is there a laser engraver / cutter that has a Ethernet / network connectable interface?

a sales rep stopped in the other day and swears that USB is the only interface, but I would have sworn I have seen lasers at trade shows that are network capable

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Yep you can get laser engravers that work on a network. Almost most things these days are networkable.

Honestly i'd want all my devices using an ethernet cable connection rather than USB. USB required power and if accidentally unplugged it can cause motherboard problems ect where ethernet is purely data. Unplugging the ethernet cable is like tuning wifi off. and since it's a secure plug, harder to knock out. And you can have your printer or laser cutter ect a distance from the computer.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Is there a laser engraver / cutter that has a Ethernet / network connectable interface?

a sales rep stopped in the other day and swears that USB is the only interface, but I would have sworn I have seen lasers at trade shows that are network capable
As Pauly mentioned, the answer is yes. Also, don't buy anything from that sales rep, as they're either ignorant or willfully misleading you.