Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

late night shop music

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by binki, Nov 21, 2012.

1. binki

binki Very Active Member

Jul 23, 2007
    The PRC
    When we are working late and can't get it all done we put on some travelling music.

Starts with 'East Bound and Down' from Smokey and the Bandit. Keywords are 'We got a long way to go and a short time to get there, We gonna do what they say can't be done' which often seems appropriate.

We follow it up by Convoy. After that is drivers choice. I lilke the vid from Louie Louie by The Kingsmen. Acutally the Go-Go dancers in that one. After that Livin' La Vida Loca. It goes downhill from there....

Tags:
  2. Salmoneye

Salmoneye Very Active Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Or you could down a Giant Monster drink a crank a Dub Step station on Pandora.

3. IGD

IGD Member

Nov 19, 2012
    lol we are on the same page, i just blast some flux pavillion or flosstradamus haha

4. Flame

Flame Major Contributor

Apr 26, 2006
    Vancouver
    I get some good rap beats going, got a nice sub hooked up to the PC. Lil Wayne, YC, Eminem, Plies, Macklemore, Kid Ink. Gotta be pumped to keep working past normal hours.

5. john1

john1 Guest

Old Dirty *******....Jk lol

6. DizzyMarkus

DizzyMarkus Active Member

Jan 23, 2012
    Classics here -- BTO, Van Halen, Eddie Monie etc --- that and my bottle of Absolute :0)

Markus

7. Arlo Kalon 2.0

Arlo Kalon 2.0 Very Active Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Reno, TX
    Bluegrass music never fails to get my blood pumping and provide a second wind. I'm talking the banjo and guitar breakdowns with rapid fire solos interspersed throughout. Admittedly, those nasal, high lonesome vocals can put me to sleep, but then a hundred mile an hour string of hammer ons and pull offs on a guitar will snap ya right out of it. Never fails.

8. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Taddy Porter, VolBeat, Black Stone Cherry, Fastway, Airbourne...the list is endless.

9. Matt-Tastic

Matt-Tastic Member

Nov 25, 2008
    This, only i'm not joking. ODB is great working music.

I also agree with Arlo, nothing wrong with bluegrass pickin' to get you moving around the shop!

man, i've got some weird music tastes!

10. genericname

genericname Active Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Canada
    Bah, own it. I'm sure my coworkers wonder what's wrong with me from time to time; my playlist will go through Woodie Guthrie, Ramstein, Madonna, Public Enemy, Wagner, and cheesy pop from game and anime soundtracks, in the same shift.

11. Mike F

Mike F Active Member

May 11, 2011
    Pink Floyd, Neil Young, Warren Zevon, Yes, Green Day, Offspring, 311, Rancid, Mischief Brew, Spraynard, Wu Tang Clan, Non Phixion, Madchild, 32 Ounce, Castro the Savage, American Trash Republic, Rench, T.O.N.E.Z., E-Town Concrete, Slipknot, Black Sabbath, Elvis, Beethoven, Mozart, Michael Jackson, Bob Marley, Sublime, Rehab, Brooks Buford, Dirty Heads...

I'm pretty freakin' eccentric when it comes to music, usually depends on what kinda mood I'm in. No Justin Bieber or any of that crap though, can't stand "pop" music. I cringe every time my phone's almost dead and I have to turn on the radio in my car.

12. john1

john1 Guest

I'm trying to get into the Christmas spirit so started playing some Christmas music today. Anyone know any new age music instead of the old stuff?

13. ResolutionInk

ResolutionInk Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Dana Point

this!! +1

14. DigitalSolutions

DigitalSolutions Member

May 23, 2011
    plugged in to my Dre Beats rocking out to various Dub all day ;) BOOTIK as i type

15. IGD

IGD Member

Nov 19, 2012
    nice haha

16. GVP

GVP Active Member

Nov 11, 2005
    Swift Current, SK
    Good grief, I suddenly feel really old...