• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help latex 310 color issues

iceon

My Latex 310 doesn't print blue all the sudden. Purple is the new blue.
doesn't matter if I put an old job in or not its purple. Any Ideas would be appreciated.
Andy

dypinc

My Latex 310 doesn't print blue all the sudden. Purple is the new blue.
doesn't matter if I put an old job in or not its purple. Any Ideas would be appreciated.
Andy

Which nozzles are clogged?

How much ink has run through your printhead? First head to be suspicious of is the single lc/lm printhead.

What does your CMYK only presets print like?

iceon

Which nozzles are clogged?

How much ink has run through your printhead? First head to be suspicious of is the single lc/lm printhead.

What does your CMYK only presets print like?
I went through one whole set of inks. This seems like an ongoing issue. When I first got the printer install by technician Red was orange took them two weeks to get it to print red. Brown issue before and orange, green.
CMYK does shift the color to a real light blue. Can't get it to darken. as soon as you goto change the color it goes right to purple.

papabud

Lone Wolf
sounds like something wasnt set up properly from the start.
i would say that your profiles was not set up correctly.
you should have one for every different material you run and there was an issue with standard profiles hitting the correct color after a recent firmware update.
i would start from scratch and build yourself a new profile and see what that does.

iceon

Hp Techs have been running test this week. The internal test page in the printer even comes out purple when they clone a profile. What needs to be done is it needs replaced cause this is an ongoing issue since day one of install. We've even took all the profiles and setting off another 310 that is running flawless. The square blocks that printer printed were bright blue mine a gorgeous purple.
HP tech went in to my web server base for the printer and downloaded a bunch of information. Said they get back to me today yet. Getting irritated..........

papabud

Lone Wolf
it could be a hardware issue with a board or head or cable.
i do feel your pain. it sucks when the new diamond you are expecting turns out to be a polished turd.
but on the bright side your not stuck with this for ever. they have to run through the steps then order you a new machine.

Split76

When my 360 arrived 1.5 years ago, prints took way toooo long to finish, print times exceeded 2x .. It was fucking slow. It was defected cable. Everything can happen :)
edit: cable inside the printer, not LAN

iceon

Update
So HP wants $564.00 to change the Line Sensor for the second time in two years.

iceon

Update
Line sensor got changed but didn’t help. Now it’s been over a month. I just got off the phone with them cause I haven’t heard from them in almost two weeks. And the guy ask for all the information off my web server again. I ask why and he said since we’ve put new parts on and changed a bunch of things they want the new information. That’s what was sent to them before and he said oh it was wasn’t. Well we’re working on it. They don’t know shit do they. What’s so hard about replacing it and then have it right in there face to figure out what went wrong with it.

iceon

Update
Today they finally came back.
Changed the maintenance cartridge first
and rechecked the color setting in flexi and we got a a sort of blue to print. Good enough for them they left. Well they weren’t gone an. hour and lost blue completely again. I’m so stressed out. I’ve lost my voice acid reflux and etc. A small shop like mine I can’t afford this down time. Down 2 months now I think I’m going to have to close the doors soon.

AKwrapguy

It seems like this machine is giving you a lot if issues. Where did you buy it from? Can you go through them rather than HP?

Other things that might be the issue, having no idea what your set up is or what has been done or not done.

When was the last time the print heads were replaced?
Did one of the ink cartridges accidentally get damaged or put into the wrong place?
Have you done a CMYKlclm test print? Do the colors come out fine there?
Have you tried to create you own color profiles for flexi?
Is the encoder strip damaged or dirty?
On the maintenance cartridge, is it purple on there as well?

iceon

Update: Well HP has changed everything but the case and here we go again. Use Hp permanent adhesive back ICC profile and still get a purple. Use 3m IJ180C Profile and get a dark navy blue. tried to make a color swatch of different shades of blue. They come out all dark and some purple. I hate HP........ Why can't I just get a standard 072 Blue. I use to click on blue and it worked. Going printer shopping

BK Vinyl

Iceon, I am having the same blue/purple problem with my L26500. Did you ever resolve this? Any help would be appreciated.