• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Latex 330 and Flexi 12 printing previously saved versions of files?!

derekw13029

Okay, so this is a *really* odd glitch I keep getting, and I have never experienced this before.

I've been doing a run of gallery-wrapped canvases with 2'' mirrored edges. So my actual print size is 4'' larger than the original image. This will be important later.

I put the images into Flexi like always, nested them, and arranged them with the proper spacing. But when I go to print, the output is a *previously saved version of the image WITHOUT the mirrored edges.*

But here's the really odd part:

The image size is correct, with the extra 4''. So the file size is right, but it's just stretching a previously saved version to those dimensions. Some of the images have been cropped; it will print the version saved before the crop. Absolutely nothing indicates these files have something wrong with them.

When I look at the print preview window in Flexi, the file IS correct. The image shows up just like it should, it is the correct version. But somewhere after the RIP, everything goes haywire and the printer puts out a previous version. This is a *huge* issue for me because I commonly print things with very subtle color changes between proofs, and it can be a huge nuisance to not know if I am printing the current version of an image, or somehow printing a previously saved version.

Has anyone come across anything even remotely similar to this? Thanks!

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Not quite sure I understand what is happening....but I assure you, Production Manager can't go back and retrieve some previous version of the file and print it instead of what you sent it from Flexi. So there is some issue with the file to begin with. What you send is what it will print...not some old file.

timgo

Graphics Designer
Remove flrxi and install it again.

Okay, so this is a *really* odd glitch I keep getting, and I have never experienced this before.

I've been doing a run of gallery-wrapped canvases with 2'' mirrored edges. So my actual print size is 4'' larger than the original image. This will be important later.

I put the images into Flexi like always, nested them, and arranged them with the proper spacing. But when I go to print, the output is a *previously saved version of the image WITHOUT the mirrored edges.*

But here's the really odd part:

The image size is correct, with the extra 4''. So the file size is right, but it's just stretching a previously saved version to those dimensions. Some of the images have been cropped; it will print the version saved before the crop. Absolutely nothing indicates these files have something wrong with them.

When I look at the print preview window in Flexi, the file IS correct. The image shows up just like it should, it is the correct version. But somewhere after the RIP, everything goes haywire and the printer puts out a previous version. This is a *huge* issue for me because I commonly print things with very subtle color changes between proofs, and it can be a huge nuisance to not know if I am printing the current version of an image, or somehow printing a previously saved version.

Has anyone come across anything even remotely similar to this? Thanks!

Remove flrxi and install it again.

iladi

sometimes Flexi is confused when you import and print files with similar names. Try to rename the files.

derekw13029

So I just started running some 70/30 perf.

Same issue.

Files were sent to me in .pdf format with bleed (that I don't need). I cropped the files, made color corrections, saved as .tif, yet when I go to print the crop marks are still there. Again, the size of the image IS correct (images had 1.5'' extra, I cropped that off, size is correct, yet crop marks are still visible).

It's really, really strange. And apparently it's happening with every file. Great.

I will try to rename the files, but that's honestly kind of pain in the ***. :/

EDIT: So renaming the files (not resaving them, just renaming them) worked. At least so far. But this is a major pain if I have to do this for every file. I'm tempted to grab a file I haven't printed in years and see if it pulls out some previous version. This is really, really weird, and could be a major issue for me.

Snydo

If you are opening .pdf files in flexi that is your problem, flatten them in PS and then load the PSD file. Otherwise like others have said, try a reinstall.

derekw13029

I'm not opening pdf files; I always use .tif.

I'm not doing anything different than I've done for years. Like I said, the oddest part is that the file size is always correct, yet it prints a previously saved version (which *shouldn't* be the correct size, but it is).

So far renaming has worked. I will re-install Flexi and see if the issue goes away.

player

Could you have saved the new version in a different location and Flexi is defaulting to the original directory?

derekw13029

Nope. The files are saved overwriting the old, not saved as a new file. There is no other directory; there is no other file.

deand_sai

Merchant Member
Call Flexi tech support at 1.800.229.9044. Fortunately, SAi doesn't require you buying a tech support contract. Since you're on Version 12, you can call and talk to a tech person that will help you.