• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Latex 330 White speckles in print on IJ180mc-10sls

Trying to get this print going and about 5 inches in I start getting this white speckled pattern. The printer printed normally on 40c this morning and on regular ij180mc-10 yesterday. I'm not seeing a specific profile anywhere for the sls, Is there some adjustment I need to make for this stuff? Is something going on with the printer? Or did I just get a bad roll? Any insight would be much appreciated. I'd be pulling my hair out if I hadn't just shaved my head :banghead:

PXL_20210305_182504503.jpg

Almost certainly plasticizer-contaminated media. To prove this (or disprove it), clean a defined area with isopropyl alcohol and a cloth, and mark the edge of the cleaned area with a sharpie marker. Retract the media into the printer and print a job that extends from outside of the marked area through the cleaned area, and view the results.

Almost certainly plasticizer-contaminated media. To prove this (or disprove it), clean a defined area with isopropyl alcohol and a cloth, and mark the edge of the cleaned area with a sharpie marker. Retract the media into the printer and print a job that extends from outside of the marked area through the cleaned area, and view the results.
Yep, that was it, printed almost perfect on the cleaned off section and terrible outside it.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Thanks for the tips. I did contact Firesprint directly, they don't offer an anti-graffiti film and I haven't found another trade printer that does. Came across a retail shop online that offers anti-graffiti with a 75% markup, you weren't kidding about it getting expensive.

According to the Clear Shield datasheet, it can be applied by hand using a foam roller or as a spray. I'm a one-person shop and don't have a laminator, which is why I'm trying to outsource this part of the order (only a few of the signs are requesting anti-graffiti).

Yep, that was it, printed almost perfect on the cleaned off section and terrible outside it.
Whenever we see that...we bounce the roll back to our vendor. Sucks that 3m charges as much as they do...and you get that.