• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Latex 360 Curing Issues

bofferdahl

I have three Latex 360 printers. One of them is having issues drying the ink on heavy coverage prints. All settings and parameters are the same across all three devices - profiling, heat, optimizer. I cleaned the machine with the issue as the inside can build up with oily moisture. The printer still does not completely dry heavy coverage. We print primarily to adhesive backed vinyl - Ij180cv2-10 and similar materials. Drying is set at max temperature. It does the same thing on 8 pass, 10 pass and 12 pass printing.

The areas that are not dry are streaky and fade in and out on the drying. Should I assume it is the heating element? Is there a way to clean/check the heating element? Any other suggestions? I do not want to guess at parts as they are not cheap.

Thanks!

dypinc

On the 360 there are four curing units. Is it overall or in one area that it is not drying properly?

CanuckSigns

I'm not familiar with the Latex machines, but I would grab an infared thermometer gun and test the different areas of the heater when it's running, see if the areas that are not curing are a different temp.

dypinc

Get a service manual (should be a links here) and check each curing unit. There is a test for the curing units. If one is not heating properly you will be able to see that.