• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Latex 360 Curing module dilemma.

kazziu

Hello,
My first serious problem with my HP 360 has occured.
When i go down with my temp. to aprox - 212 - 221F i get streaks of un-cured ink just like in the attached file, after upping the temp. to aprox. 239 F the left streaks dissapear and i end up only with one barely visible streak on the right, neverthenless the print all across the module has very poor scratch resistance, comparable to normal solvent(normally its hard to clean away latex ink with isopropanol, now it's easy). My serviceman will be here in two weeks, but he is quite sure that this is a problem with the holes directly under the heater, they are clogged with dust and the cleaning service will not come under warranty(500$). So i would like to ask if someone had a similar problem and it turned out to be a failing curing module and not clogging?. Is the process of taking apart the curing module very difficult, i mean two weeks of waiting will be hard to swallow, maybe i could clean the module myslef???
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• heater.jpg
    heater.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 700

dypinc

There are 4 curing modules so dividing up the curing into the 4 sections is one area not curing or is it all across the media. If it is all across the media then I don't think it is likely that all 4 nodules a bad. More likely the air flow problem. There is in Service Mode tests that can be done on each curing module to tell if they are not heating properly. The cover for the curing modules is pretty easy to remove so getting at it to clean should be pretty easy,

Dan360

We had basically the same issue, even at 240 degrees. We ended up having to replace the heater units in the front. It is pretty easy to get in there so you could take it apart and give it a clean before forking out the cash for heaters. A temporary fix you could try is adding inter-pass delay to your print profile, which will force the print to sit in the curing area a bit longer. This worked for us on some profiles, but not all.

dypinc

We had basically the same issue, even at 240 degrees. We ended up having to replace the heater units in the front. It is pretty easy to get in there so you could take it apart and give it a clean before forking out the cash for heaters. A temporary fix you could try is adding inter-pass delay to your print profile, which will force the print to sit in the curing area a bit longer. This worked for us on some profiles, but not all.

You mean Media Preset not profile.

kazziu

Just wondering how old is your 360?

We have a warranty from the reseller till May this year, but i wonder how much do the heater units cost, can't find any info on google. So You sure the cleaning will do the job only for a while?
My machine is from 2015.

Dan360

The heaters in Canada were about 550 a piece, if it's under warranty then you should take advantage of that as much as possible.

The cleaning will help if it's obstructing air flow, which should fix the issue for, im guessing a year or two, till you need to go in and do it again. Some shops have more dust and debris in the air than others. It's just a good thing to try before you need to spend money on parts/labour.