• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

(Latex 560) Is it suppose to automatically detect the edge of the media?

Dukenukem117

I received a sample roll of media from our supplier that isn't attached to a roll. I wrapped it around a spare core I had but I had to center it since I'm doing this by hand, which resulted in 4-5 inches of exposed core on each side. The material is a mesh with a liner, so I would think that the sensors can pick it up, but it is treating it as if its flush against the right edge so everything is off-center (and off the page). Thankfully I kept the ink collectors installed while doing this, but I'm not sure how to get the printer to 'fix it'.

I tried to manually input extra width for the material and have the print justify to the sides, but either way it ends up overprinting to the side of the control panel (right side looking head on). At first I realized the left and right is reversed since the print is coming towards me head first, but even correcting for it to be justified to the right, it still offsets it by the same amount. I'm totally confused at this point.

dypinc

Interesting on the 360 it will ask you to put right side position and the width if it can read/measure the media. Wonder if is preference setting that needs changed. I don't remember have to change an preferences on the 360.

Dukenukem117

Interesting on the 360 it will ask you to put right side position and the width if it can read/measure the media. Wonder if is preference setting that needs changed. I don't remember have to change an preferences on the 360.

I wonder if that's what "narrow media" means in the settings?

Christian @ 2CT Media

Narrow media allows you to tell the printer where the media is positioned and the width, manual load allows you to skip the auto detection.

In later firmwares it still attempts the auto detection.

I would still recommend rolling the media right aligned as the printer has a few sensors on the right side to help with printing.

Carlos Valencia

please remember that the unit has a guide on the right side where the material must be aligned with. then the sensor will read the edge of the material on the left to detect the width. thx Plottermaster

Dukenukem117

please remember that the unit has a guide on the right side where the material must be aligned with. then the sensor will read the edge of the material on the left to detect the width. thx Plottermaster

So its important to buy material that's cut flush to the core and also make sure to push the roll entirely into the rubber knob huh?

ikarasu

Yes. It doesn't have to be flush... But being centered is too far off. I just printed on some banner that was an inch and a half away from the edge... No issues. After reading your post I was a bit worried since it was a brand new roll, but it worked good.

It has some leeway... But 5" is too much!

Dukenukem117

Yes. It doesn't have to be flush... But being centered is too far off. I just printed on some banner that was an inch and a half away from the edge... No issues. After reading your post I was a bit worried since it was a brand new roll, but it worked good.

It has some leeway... But 5" is too much!

I wonder where the sensor is located for that to matter. I thought that by manually inputting the farther end of the material width as the total width and having it justify to the right side (tried Onyx setting and as part of the PDF itself) and neither worked.