• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Latex 570 chewing up roll holders

maximumapogee

I have a Latex 570 and I'm trying to use 200' rolls of poly paper with a 2" core. The 2" roll holders are spinning inside the core and eventually the little rubber cage gets torn up. I've tried reducing the tension, but it still slips. Any suggestions for a fix? Anyone know the part number for the 2" roll holders?

maximumapogee

upload_2017-7-20_8-49-10.png

ericm

This seems to happen when the thumbscrew is not tight we usually give it a little tweak with a screwdriver or a coin because when that screw comes loose it gives that rubber a lot of play which causes it to break .... good luck I hope they send you a replacement out fast but for the time being just take the one off of the take up real

maximumapogee

Thanks, I'll make sure they're tight next time. HP is sending out some new ones. The guy I talked to said he hadn't seen this problem before.