• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Latex and translucent vinyl

ericm

What seems to be peoples opinion on what translucent material to use ......we were using Orajet 3850 for the past year and now starting to have issues with it peeling
Any info would be great

Attachments

• IMG_20170508_091605.jpg
    IMG_20170508_091605.jpg
    357 KB · Views: 264
C

ColoPrinthead

I don't remember the number, but I never had a problems using 3m's clear vinyl with a 26500.

henryz

You are probably going to get that with most vinyl, we use 3m and metalmark. We try not to contour cut it for the same reason, with a white back ground we would print it edge to edge, or laminate it with a clear that is 1/8" oversize wet application on the face.

ams

I usually use Orajet 3850 and never had a problem, that is weird that yours is peeling. Avery was the worst.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
I agree with henryz- I would avoid the contour cutting if possible. On that particular sign (from what is shown, anyway), I would do a full coverage decal (white space, etc) and apply as a sheet. The edges would then be protected by the retainer.

MikePro

Calendared overlam is most likely your issue.
i use orajet 3850 all the time. However, anything I print&cut or I always laminate with a cast material.

3850 may be calendared, but cast overlam will make it better.
if you want the best option, go cast material as your base, with cast overlam. highly recommended Arlon DPF 6500

ericm

i use the 290 lam on 3850 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>i just ordered ij 3730 so well see what happens