• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Latex Ink

Romulo

Hello my question is about the latex ink
I will buy a HP Scitex LX 850 ( used ) and need to know how many days the printer can be turn off

chafro

Hello, I own a 850. It's about 4 years old, still running good. It's far from a perfect printer but If you have the volumen it can be a good investment.

We have a few small latex printers also so we only use the 850 for big runs. we have let our printer up to 4 weeks without use a few times and didn't have a problem with heads or ink going bad.

I really recommend a HP full parts contract with this printer. Parts are really expensive, and they do go bad often. It's better to have it on the budget than having those surprise hits. And I'm not a service contract fan, this is our only printer in the shop that we justify having on a full Parts service contract. All bad thing aside, the printer has paid itself many times over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Romulo

Hello, I own a 850. It's about 4 years old, still running good. It's far from a perfect printer but If you have the volumen it can be a good investment.

We have a few small latex printers also so we only use the 850 for big runs. we have let our printer up to 4 weeks without use a few times and didn't have a problem with heads or ink going bad.

I really recommend a HP full parts contract with this printer. Parts are really expensive, and they do go bad often. It's better to have it on the budget than having those surprise hits. And I'm not a service contract fan, this is our only printer in the shop that we justify having on a full Parts service contract. All bad thing aside, the printer has paid itself many times over.

Thanks Chafro
How much is the service contract?

chafro

Not sure in the US. We pay in Mexico around 6,000-7,000 USD a year.

TheYallaman

Hello Romulo,
You may leave the printer off for quite a while. Being a water-base ink it won't dry inside the heads like solvent does. There are some very good third-party service technicians that can install and service your printer and charging less than HP :) theyallaman@gmail.com