• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Latex Printable Chrome?

airborneassault

Hi Everyone!
Does anyone know of a latex printable chrome? I ordered the VinylEfx from R-Tape through Fellers because in the '12 catalog it listed latex as one of the printing methods. I've had no luck on the test prints I've tried, I did finally get a few samples off but the chrome had turned to more of a silver I'd imagine due to the heat. In the R-Tape reference guide it states that water-based inks will not properly adhere, am I wrong in thinking Latex are water-based? Thanks for any help guys!
-Nathan

dypinc

Any recent news on printable chrome?

R-Tape does not seem to list chrome anymore. Only say available in silver and gold or is this silver what you are talking about?

Doyle

HulkSmash

we use the brushed chrome from FDC, and we run it through our latex with 0 issues. you can order it from grimco

Just tried out the Chrome from Hexis. It's a Polyester 2mil Chrome. Not sold as a printable vinyl but worked great in our HP L360 with OEM inks. Great chrome color and reflectiveness. Doesn't dull at all. Just used the HP Permanent Gloss Adhesive Vinyl Stock Profile.

TheSnowman

Do you guys use that profile for pretty much everything on the 360? I have a 310 and it seems to hit most colors pretty good, but my reds aren't as vibrant as I like.

Do you guys use that profile for pretty much everything on the 360? I have a 310 and it seems to hit most colors pretty good, but my reds aren't as vibrant as I like.

It's just the stock canned profile. Use it for anything new. If i make changes I clone it and name it by the specific media profile. I have only run one job on the chrome and it has been great but it was only black on chrome. What pass do you use when you need a good red. I have notice that anything 10 pass or below gets a pinkish tone and not quite that nice red. Whenever I need the red I go to 12pass or 14 pass if the media is greyish instead of white.

Ditchmiester

We use Avery Brushed Chrome from Advantage for our chrome decals we need to print on our L260 and it turns out great.