• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Latex-Printed HIP unadhering from Powder-coated Signs

Renato Pinto

Graphics Manager
I've attached a picture of the problem we're having.

We're using an HP Latex 560 and printing on 3930 White HIP, we're using Onyx Thrive. Somebody mentioned using the software made just for Traffic Colors but we're hitting PMS colors, not traffic colors so thats irrelevant, i think?

Anyways, we turned down the curing temperature as much as we could before it starts to not dry the ink but the material is getting some weird waves. We laminate it with 1170 clear electrocut and then apply it to .125 powder-coated signs.

Any idea why we're having issues like the one in the attached image? The HIP is separating from the sign.

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• COC G-2.jpg
    COC G-2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 299

Christian @ 2CT Media

3M adhesive or contaminates, your latex will not cause that... Even if it is wavy out of the machine, if you fully adhere it the adhesive on reflective is extremely high tack and will hold.

Seriously I think it's a joke that 3M requires the flexi RIP to warrant their product, it literally is no different other than prebuilt spot colors which we created after profiling our machines in onyx and defining a named spot color build.

ikarasu

Care to share your profile? we hit the colors pretty good... But it's more opaque than the sample 3m sent us. I haven't had time to play with it since, but I expect lowering the ink amounts is an easy fix.

And it's a bigger joke than that. Not just the flexi rip...you need the special traffic edition. Which they wanted 2-3k extra ontop of paying for flexi. For that price well stick to screen printing...