• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Latex Printer Error Message

DPD

Hi All,

I'm hoping someone has suggestions. I turned my printer on this AM to see this message.

No power in heating modules
Check cables and switches.
If necessary, call support.

Has anyone seen this before and what have you done to correct it? Is it an easy fix? An expensive fix? Any information is helpful. Thanks.

regards,
denis

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
What model Latex printer do you have? Are you sure that all the power cords are plugged in tight? Do you have a multi meter that you can check the voltage coming out of the wall?

Hi All,

I'm hoping someone has suggestions. I turned my printer on this AM to see this message.

No power in heating modules
Check cables and switches.
If necessary, call support.

Has anyone seen this before and what have you done to correct it? Is it an easy fix? An expensive fix? Any information is helpful. Thanks.

regards,
denis
Hi Denis, More info. model? thx

MikePro

previous posts show its a 26500

as the error message states, check the switches.
my money is on, as stated above, one of the two breaker switches on the back of the machine being flipped/tripped

DPD

Woops! Thanks everyone. I forgot the model number. It's an L26500. The breakers seem OK and I've opened up the back to try some simple stuff like looking for anything loose or damaged but I've had no luck. There is a way to troubleshoot using LED's on what's called a Chindra board. The diagnostic tells me that the relay is not activated. All this means to me is something failed on the electrical side. Oddly though part of the troubleshooting diagnostics say that the relays may be turned off from the front panel but since the machine fails I can't get past the error message to get to the front panel.

I've never taken a printer apart so perhaps someone has an answer to this crazy question. If I unplug the unit from the 220V outlets does the printer maintain a store of electric somewhere whereby I can get shocked? I see so many polarity warnings on the parts its got me concerned. I"m asking because if I decide to repair this on my own I will need to begin removing and replacing parts.

thanks

previous posts show its a 26500

as the error message states, check the switches.
my money is on, as stated above, one of the two breaker switches on the back of the machine being flipped/tripped
You might also check the wiring that goes to the heaters it is at the left hand wheel that you turn to open the big heater door. We work on hundreds of those units. thx

DPD

Thank you everybody. The problem has been solved. One was an international misunderstanding and then there were two human errors. I'll start with the human errors. My 3 yr old grandson was behind the printer the day before the incident. I looked but I saw nothing out of place. When looking at the fuses they were green and in the down position - both of them. If I would flip them up and reset they would go back down. So..... I wrongly concluded that since a reset sets them in the down position and the down position shows a green window then everything is OK. Wrong!!! The printer was made in Spain and it seems that red is good, green bad. So the fuses should be in the up position and red. Second human error I think was my grandson flipping the fuses to the down position without my knowledge.

What I can't figure is that even with both circuit breakers in the down position the printer was starting. What a strange machine. Live and learn. All's well that ends well. Thanks again everyone.