• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Latex Printing on Vinyl has squiggly like debris

Andrew Hodgson

Hi, usually after printing darker graphics, I notice a lot of squiggly like debris on the print. I don't believe these are consistent spots. I downloaded and used the Orajet printer profile while printing in Caldera.

Printer: HP Latex 260
Substrate: Orajet 3621

What are some tips on how to prevent these abnormalities?

Attachments

• Ink-Debris.jpg
    Ink-Debris.jpg
    477.9 KB · Views: 473
Last edited:

AKwrapguy

Hi, usually after printing darker graphics, I notice a lot of squiggly like debris on the print. I don't believe these are consistent spots. I downloaded the Orajet printer profile for Caldera.

Printer: HP Latex 260
Substrate: Orajet 3621

What are some tips on how to prevent these abnormalities?

Looks like dust or debris. Could be a static issue attracting stuff in the air or from where you store your material. Try using a micro fiber towel or swiffer to clean dust off the machine and a vacuum to clean the area.

papabud

Lone Wolf
i would look at the fans on the machine. they should always be clean. if they collect dirt. it will fall onto you print.

neftali

Looks like it is time to change the carriage belt before it breaks. Look at how much rubber debris is on the aluminum extrusion that holds the carriage rails, that will give you an idea of the belt's condition. This has happened to me a few times before. I have two of these printers.

Lea Marc

We just had a Service Kit 3 replaced on our HP and one of the things to do was to clean the vacuum holes and boy were they clogged up with ink and debris, particularly the ones on the near side of the printer. Whether that is the cause of your problems or not it is a good regular maintenance thing to do as ours hadn't been done in a while but will be from now on lol. Agree with static picking up debris pre-feed, that happens on both our solvent and latex printers, also if the rolls or any part of the printers happen to contact your clothing, they can get caught up.

Steve