• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lawson MO

Deb

Very small shop, doing small signs and banners and customized apparel. Now running a Graphtec CE6000. Received .ve file from customer and cannot open it. Can someone open it, convert it to pdf or eps for me. Thanks, promise I will pay it forward.

studio 440

The VE file type is primarily associated with 'Sign Studio' by CADLink Technology. Sign Studio was written by Dave Hawks for a computer games company in the UK called Electric Studio. He did fingerprint work for Scotland Yard and the software was originally written to scan and vectorize artwork so it could be cut on a Gerber 4b. They never achieved the connection to a Gerber 4B. The Roland PNC100 was released in 1987 and Dave wrote a driver for this desktop cutter which worked well. The program at that time was named Vector Eyes; thus the .VE extension. The program was ahead of its time and was released into the world market in late 1989. In 1992 it was sold to CADLink Technology in Canada. They used the source code to release another product called Cadlink for Windows. This became SignLab in 1995.