• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Layering Printed Vinyl

Kelsey Adams

I have a ton of racecars lined up to letter over the winter. I want to try and be as efficient as possible. Is it ideal to layer laminated vinyl?

Example:
Lay down the laminated base design that is laminated
Then lay down the number, names, sponsors, etc.

Is this suitable to do? I'm working on making my templates for all the different cars so I can just print/cut/laminate it all and apply all at once. But in the meantime, would rather be precautious and try not to waste material.

I've attached a design that I've completed for next year to give you an idea of what I am talking about.

Thanks!

Attachments

• S. Mclaughlin 2020 Slinger-01.jpg
    S. Mclaughlin 2020 Slinger-01.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 337
  • S. Mclaughlin 2020 Slinger-02.jpg
    S. Mclaughlin 2020 Slinger-02.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 310
  • S. Mclaughlin 2020 Slinger-03.jpg
    S. Mclaughlin 2020 Slinger-03.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 317
  • S. Mclaughlin 2020 Slinger-04.jpg
    S. Mclaughlin 2020 Slinger-04.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 310

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Yes, it shouldn't be a problem. We do that too when precise placement is too critical to include in the "flat wrap design"

Ere

Absolutely. That is what the Avery wrap instructors suggest. Like the guy said above. So you wrap the whole car then place what you would like where you want it.

Last edited:

BUCKY

Considering the low profits in doing race cars I would recommend to do them as one print. Precision placement is not
a necessity with race cars, (especially with the angled body lines, rake etc.)
You are adding extra print, production, application time, and more vinyl and laminate costs by layering.
You will probably be doing each car a few times over the course of the season anyway so take notes and adjust the sponsors
and other copy as needed if you see something you are not happy with.

We have lettered race cars which the body didn't survive one race before needing replaced. Don't kill yourself trying to make them perfect.

• Agree
Reactions: Ere