• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lecai Encad 750 Problem

fbmac0214

Hi can anyone help me regarding my Lecai Encad 750 machine

[video]https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByCw7u-v3JZOSVVxRjdOMmZoMkU/edit[/video]

hope anyone can help me on this machine

thank you in advance

Last edited by a moderator:

pstrwks

Yes Clean the encoder strip

Clean the encoder strip and perhaps the reader too.
There was an aging test that will also tell you what the readings are from the encoder. (Old Encads)

fbmac0214

thanks guys.
some updates
-we clean all the sensors and the encode strip are ok

but now the whole head unit is banging all the way to the end and its broke the carriage casing

if the out of sync belt is the problem? can you help me guys whats the best solution?

appreciate your help.

thank you so much

Techman

the belt has nothing to do with the sync.
All that belt does is carry the heads. The encoder strip is what tells the brain where the head is.
If it is dirty then it cannot read and it will crash.do you know where it is and is it really clean?

OldPaint

i had this going on when i had a belt that had shredded part of the internal teeth. it moved the correct position of the head...in relation ....to the decoder strip. i got a new belt, installed it.......started it up and did the same thing..........went back and got the belt /head in the right position. fired it up and its worked perfect since.
LOOK IN THE BOTTOM OF THE PRINTER........do you see a lot of little black pieces of belt???

Techman

the belt has no bearing on placement of the head or its travel. All the belt does is move the heads.

The encoder strip tells the brain where every thing is. That is the only way for the brain to know what is going on.

You reset the brain and all the associated inputs via the reset the nvram setting. That will tell the brain every thing it needs to know. Nvram is set via your menu,, goggle reset nvram for encad and you should find it for your printer.

When you reset nvram the machine will move the head all the way to the end of travel and back. Now it knows all.

OldPaint

i beg to differ with ya.....when my belt started to come apert, the teeth on the inside of the belt went away 1st. as it got worse, the head traveled a different distance each time i tried to use it.....i know the strip tell it what do do, but between the slip of the belt and change of its position to encoder strip...it wouldnt work right. then when i got a NEW BELT... i was under the same idea that the postion of the belt to hed didnt matter. IT DOES. took me 3 times tearing it down and getting the belt EXACTLY aligned to the head.