• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

LED Lighting for Large Format Printer Hood

CanDoASign4U

In the deep recesses of my tiny mind I thought I saw a post about LED lighting be used in the hood of a large format printer so that you could see the print as it is being produced but for the life of me I cannot find it, if in fact it does exist. Anyone out there have a set-up like this on their digital printer? If so, what type LED lights are you using?
:help

CanDoASign4U

Thanks for all the input and the memory refresher!!! I knew I saw it somewhere but just didn't have the correct verbage for my search...Damn I hate getting old!!!

CanDoASign4U

LED Lighting for Large Format Printer

Out of curiosity.... would a little flashlight work ??
Gino...In answer to your question a flashlight has been my standby since I started printing but it just doesn't light up the entire area like the LED's appear too. I've been using a Stanley LED flashlight with three heads but it won't light up the entire area under the printer, at least not to my old eyes.
:thumb:

cha88

they have LED light bars at IKEA... i got them from my print supplier at a show... there arnt any IKEAs near me so i had him grab me some... work awsome