Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LED Lighting for Large Format Printer Hood

Discussion in 'Tips & Tricks' started by CanDoASign4U, Jul 10, 2012.

1. CanDoASign4U

CanDoASign4U Member

Dec 22, 2010
    North Carolina
    In the deep recesses of my tiny mind I thought I saw a post about LED lighting be used in the hood of a large format printer so that you could see the print as it is being produced but for the life of me I cannot find it, if in fact it does exist. Anyone out there have a set-up like this on their digital printer? If so, what type LED lights are you using?
    :help

Tags:
  2. DRPSignsNGrafix

DRPSignsNGrafix Very Active Member

Nov 3, 2005
    We used just plain old white ones. There silver boxed. Little ones. I don't know. LOL I had the guys in the back do it.

3. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    just used leftover sloans from a channel letter job

4. CanDoASign4U

CanDoASign4U Member

Dec 22, 2010
    North Carolina
    Thanks for all the input and the memory refresher!!! I knew I saw it somewhere but just didn't have the correct verbage for my search...Damn I hate getting old!!!

5. Gino

Gino Major Contributor

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Out of curiosity.... would a little flashlight work ??

6. CanDoASign4U

CanDoASign4U Member

Dec 22, 2010
    North Carolina
    LED Lighting for Large Format Printer

Gino...In answer to your question a flashlight has been my standby since I started printing but it just doesn't light up the entire area like the LED's appear too. I've been using a Stanley LED flashlight with three heads but it won't light up the entire area under the printer, at least not to my old eyes.
    :thumb:

7. cha88

cha88 Member

May 14, 2010
    Watertown
    they have LED light bars at IKEA... i got them from my print supplier at a show... there arnt any IKEAs near me so i had him grab me some... work awsome