Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LED perimeter lighting

Discussion in 'LEDs and Neon' started by All-SignZ, Oct 30, 2012.

1. All-SignZ

All-SignZ Active Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Upstate NY
    Lettering up some windows for a pizza shop and they want LED perimeter lighting around the windows. I'm looking into SLOAN Flexbrite systems but this is going to require cutting/bending the led tubes and wiring everything together. I'm not opposed to doing all that, just wondering if there are better/easier options out there.

Tags:
  2. Moze

Moze Very Active Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Dallas, TX
    There are a number of flexible LED strips, but you're going to have rounded corners.

There are others where you can snap them every inch or so to make your turns. I forget the brand though. Look through the websites for Sloan, GE, Agilight, etc. There are a ton of them out there.

3. TwoNine

TwoNine Active Member

Apr 17, 2011
    In my opinion - Sloan is a great system for LED Border Tubing. GE Tetra has a nice one too - but all of them require field fabrication. Neither one is easier than the other in my opinion. Have fun!

4. All-SignZ

All-SignZ Active Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Upstate NY
    Ok thanks for the feedback. Sloan it'll be then.

5. neonlady

neonlady New Member

Nov 6, 2008
    I just heard from an installer / client this morning that Sloan has had some problems with transformers. I haven't had a chance to check it out, but do some checking before you commit.
    Why not use neon?

6. Edna

Edna Member

Oct 9, 2012
    They sell those a Home Depoe

7. Matt-Tastic

Matt-Tastic Member

Nov 25, 2008
  8. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    Slone says they have fixed this problem.