• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ledco Laminator 30" Thoroughbred Laminating System I30 Help!!!!

rcook99

I have a chance to buy this system at a very very good price. I really only need a laminator. What I am wondering is can this unit be used without heat as I use Oracal 210 for 99% of what I do? What should I look for when I check it out in person? I was surprised to see that this takes 50 amp service. Is that common for a larger laminator or is it because of the heating ability. I know many will say you should go larger but 98% of what I do can be done on 30" material. If I need a larger print laminated I have access to a larger setup through a good friend in the business. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Ledco.jpg
    Ledco.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 143

rjssigns

Just don't turn on heaters. Looks like it comes with a shrink tunnel or post heat unit which is where the amp draw would come from.

rcook99

RJ, that's kind of what I figured. This machine is one heavy duty laminator with cooling fans and all. The last section is used for slitting the end product to a finished width which saves having to trim any excess off. Hope to get better pictures and information out it tomorrow. Then to set up a time to look at it.