Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lengthy English to Spanish Translation

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by Marie, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Marie

Marie Member

Jan 31, 2005
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Does anyone have a reliable on-line source for English to Spanish translations for signs wording? I have a list of rules for a construction site sign that is beyond my Spanish abilities and is too complicated for the free services available. I have a quote from daytranslations.com (I linked to them from Babelfish). Anyone ever used them or have a recommendation for an accurate translation source? THANKS!

2. Jester1167

Jester1167 Very Active Member

I always have the customer provide the translated text, or tell them there will be an added cost to translate and guarantee the text (= to the cost of the sign). They will quickly find someone they trust on their staff who can translate the copy. Otherwise, you will get to remake the sign after someone complains about the copy.

3. Marie

Marie Member

Jan 31, 2005
    Hattiesburg, MS
    That idea worked perfectly! My customer just emailed me the translated text. I guess everyone speaks MONEY :)