• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Let's Discuss Pickles...

HulkSmash

Is it me or...does pickles taste like straight feet?

They Ruined my french fries today.....the juice from the pickles that were on the side permeated them. awful

signswi

Completely totally 100% wrong, pickles are amazing as is just about anything brined. If I take a bite of a burger and that bite is sans pickles I get angry.

Considering most of the world puts malt vinegar directly onto fries as a condiment I wouldn't say your fries were "ruined" as much as enhanced ;).

CheapVehicleWrap

I hear ya Brother.

Attachments

• tumblr_luerg10Zyc1qfengno1_500.jpg
    tumblr_luerg10Zyc1qfengno1_500.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 71

SD&F

Pickles are the BOMB. I just got back from having lunch at a great Deli in downtown Atl. and I only go once or twice a year. The New Pickles were so good I think I ate about six and I was almost full when my mile high sandwich came out.

FatCat

Mmmm, loves me some pickles...

Dill pickles...
Sweet pickles...
Pickled Eggs...
Pickled Peppers...
Pickled beets...
Pickled cauliflower...

I feel like Bubba on Forest Gump, lol.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Good snap and crispness... mmmm.... can't be beat, but I don't like soggy ones. Same goes for relish... has to be good and fresh. However, I don't want relish on my french fries.

• Color.... do you like vinegar on your fries ??
  • How 'bout gravy ??
  • Cheese ??
  • Just plain ketchup ??

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I love fresh Kosher dill pickles. Well dones are great and half dones are to die for. Any of the ones, however, that one finds inhabiting the unrefrigerated grocery shelves ... wilted and sickly looking from being pasteurized, mere shells of their former selves ... should be prohibited for human consumption and their producers moved to a penal colony somewhere north of the Arctic Circle.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yesterday was bad...... I broke down, off my diet and got a large cheesesteak with fried pepperoni, grilled onions, sauce, hot peppers and topped with dilled pickles..... absofuggin'lutely delicious. My mouth is starting to water, all over again.

signswi

One of my favorite treats is dill pickled green beans. A-mazing.

When I was a kid my mom would send one of those giant pickles you get at the fair in my lunch, I'm that much of a pickle fanatic--always have been.

Fred, one exception to your rule is Milwaukee pickles--for some reason they've figured out how to keep a fresh snap dill kosher pickle in a non-refrigerated jar. Otherwise I totally agree.

J Hill Designs

I love fresh Kosher dill pickles. Well dones are great and half dones are to die for. Any of the ones, however, that one finds inhabiting the unrefrigerated grocery shelves ... wilted and sickly looking from being pasteurized, mere shells of their former selves ... should be prohibited for human consumption and their producers moved to a penal colony somewhere north of the Arctic Circle.

yuuuup clausen all the way here

signswi

Perfect side dish to grilled burgers, I make this every summer up at the cabin:

2 English hothouse cucumbers (1 1/2 pounds total), unpeeled, very thinly sliced
1 tablespoon coarse kosher salt
1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh dill
3 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Place cucumber slices in colander. Sprinkle with salt; toss to coat. Let stand 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, for dressing, stir vinegar, dill, sugar, and pepper in large bowl until sugar is dissolved.
Drain cucumbers well; pat dry. Add cucumbers to dressing and stir to blend. Refrigerate at least 15 minutes and up to 2 hours; serve cold.

J Hill Designs

Perfect side dish to grilled burgers, I make this every summer up at the cabin:

2 English hothouse cucumbers (1 1/2 pounds total), unpeeled, very thinly sliced
1 tablespoon coarse kosher salt
1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh dill
3 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Place cucumber slices in colander. Sprinkle with salt; toss to coat. Let stand 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, for dressing, stir vinegar, dill, sugar, and pepper in large bowl until sugar is dissolved.
Drain cucumbers well; pat dry. Add cucumbers to dressing and stir to blend. Refrigerate at least 15 minutes and up to 2 hours; serve cold.

I make almost the same thing....I add extremely thin slices of onion

royster13

I used to like pickles until all you could buy in the stores in our area were pickles imported from overseas...We are on a "Buy Canadian" kick for as much of our food as possible.....

garisimo

Claussen Pickles -- the best!

Look for them in the deli/refrigerated --- they are transcendent!

-g-