• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lettering Library

mikey-Oh

Hey-oh s101 friends it's been a while! Started lurking again a few weeks ago, may even become active again :Big Laugh.

Anywho, found a new resource and I thought some of y'all might enjoy. This launched on Friday, so there's not much available yet and if I understand correctly only four books a month will be released. The colored Atkinson Sign Painting is on the list, but it's toward the end of the pending works.

Lettering Library

Hope all's been well in the land of 101.
:corndog::bushmill:

Dan Antonelli

they

This looks interesting. Aren't some of these titles already scanned and available for free on library of congress site? I'm pretty sure they have some available.

Theres a few Id love to see. Will there be an option to just pick an individual title?

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Oh wow! I actually have like 5 of these! good to see someone trying to actually keep the older stuff around some way.

Jason Carne

Hey everyone, I'm Jason Carne, the guy behind Lettering Library. The list of books that are "coming soon" are not necessarily in any special order, so the Atkinson's book may come sooner rather than later - although it's the original not the color reprint. I can't legally do many books from after 1940 as they are still under copyright from their original publishers. I have some on there that are newer than that, so I have to check with those on a case by case basis to see if they would be alright to post.

The library of congress site archive.org DOES indeed have a handful of these books, but where I'm differentiating myself is in the methods of preservation. The library of congress just does scans of the books where I'm doing high-resolution photography, emulating a studio setting and getting true to life color accuracy in the plates which scanning rarely provides.

I'm always getting more books and hunting for new ones, so sign-up for the newsletter on the sidebar on the Lettering Library site to keep up to date on what's coming next.

Good to see some real sign-painters interested in the books!

OldPaint

WILL NOT LOAD IN OPREA!!!!!
i had to go to FIREFOX to see the page. it was herky-jerky........slow so i left it.

John Butto

WILL NOT LOAD IN OPREA!!!!!
i had to go to FIREFOX to see the page. it was herky-jerky........slow so i left it.

Hey, you got the new Oprah web browser, is that like the Obama phone.
So this won't be a hijack, great books to browse through.

Jason Carne

I'm amazed that not everyone just uses Chrome already, haha. My web developer and I tested it for the 4 major browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome and Safari) and smartphone compatibility (andriod and iphone), but we didn't have time before launch to work with the less common browsers, I'll add that on our to-do list though.

OldPaint

OPERA........ is way better then IE, FIREFOX............ much faster does exactly what an INTERNET browser SHOULD....... not loaded down with all the other crap IE, FIREFOX has.

Jason Carne

I'm actually doing high-resolution photography of the books - it allows for better color accuracy in my opinion.

Also, I agree that IE and Firefox both suck, but I can't exactly ignore 1/3 of the internet's users because of that. Less than 2% of people use Opera, nearly 60% use Chrome and Safari is barely used these days as well at under 4%. Compatibility for Opera is coming though as stated before, it's on the list!