• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lexel & VHB foam tape

Andy D

I'm about to put together a post and panel sign & per some Sign101 member suggestions, I was going to use
3M VHB tape and Lexel adhesive (instead of 100% silicon).

I did a test with two small panels adhered together, let it cure for 48 hours and
pried them apart, the tape did great but the Lexel was still gooey in the center
of the test (meaning it set around the outside edge but not in-between the strips
of foam tape) I never had this issue with silicon, any ideas?

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Lord Adhesive Signlok 810 is what we use. You get about 5 minutes before it starts to dry. No tape needed.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Lexel takes quite a while to fully cure. But once cured, you won't get those panels apart too easy.

I say that but I don't think you said what the material was either.....

TimToad

Which parts are you joining together?

Big flat pieces will take quite a while for LEXEL to cure out, but once it does, it's pretty strong and remains more flexible longer.

If they are large flat panels, we use a roller to apply TiteBond 2 polyurethane glue to the entire surface and then clamp and weight. It's waterproof, grabs like crazy and once cured, is a really hard seal.

Andy D

I was applying wide-angle aluminum to the backside of an aluminum panel to attach it to a frame.
I ended up using it after reading simular comments on google.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
VHB and Lexel should be fine but for peace of mind, you might want to consider Lords...