• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Light Bleed

Altostratus Co

Nightmare Rectangle Wizard
Hey, new to the forum after lurking as a guest for about a year now.

I have formally been just the graphic designer at my company for some time, but due to me relocating I have taken up a production and installation role as well as my design duties.

I haven't seemed to have had this issue too much in the past, but a recent install has thrown some curve-balls.
I'm doing full window graphics on a window for a dimly lit wine bar, however the window gets a decent amount of sunlight exposure. Combined with the interior lighting if the vinyl is trimmed even slightly off the gasket, there is a noticeable amount of light seeping through, and it looks bad from inside.

My question for you guys is how do you trim your vinyl to prevent this? Is there a trick or a tool to cut aorund gaskets, or do people just remove them? I have tried to lightly cut past the gasket but I'm worried about cutting too deep and damaging any kind of seal.

Thanks in advance.