• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help light fixture blues- please help!

what the

Owner/op
I am working with an old brick building-(picture of building- not sign)
Due to the nature of the building and no good back wall access... I have to run conduit and connect the lights (All exterior work) All the fixtures I find for lights have a small bases and intended to have a penetration hole.. not great for a conduit daisy chain.
Any pre-fab boxes that are made for this or specific sign light / technique anyone can suggest?
Thank you so much in advance!
Picture attached.

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 184

Rocco G

upload_2018-1-27_9-53-38.jpeg

Are you talking about outdoor J-boxes with a hole in the back, kind of like this? If so they come with electrical plug to put in the unwanted hole locations. Lots of outdoor electrical fixtures also have extra holes and can have a plug installed where not needed. Or, maybe just use pvc piping and glue the sections together and avoid most of the J-boxes? Without more details of the fixtures I'm guessing blindly. What kind of sign, etc.?

Also, are you capable of doing (and insured for) electrical work? I often see people thinking that anyone can twist a couple of wires together but it's more complex than that. It's not brain surgery by any means but you need to meet the national electrical code with the work and so be safe.