• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

lightbox sign in river.

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
yup.
its about 16 feet long and fell out of the lightbox, off the roof and into the river.
i have NO idea where to price an extraction. or if it is salvagable. winter is coming. i am sure the insurance company will pick this up since it is related to Sandy paying us a visit.

anybody have any examples?
lol.

chris M.

skyhigh

first question....
How freekin deep is the river?

#2...got a boat?
#3...how fast is the current?
#4...got any pictures of the sign glistening thru the water? :rolleyes:
(possibly its out to sea by now?)

Thats a new one.

Best advice I can give, is to get a hold of someone with the "polar bear club" :ROFLMAO:

Marlene

its about 16 feet long and fell out of the lightbox, off the roof and into the river.

fell out of the lgihtbox/cabinet? are you talking just the face of the sign? is the cabinet still on the roof or did that too go into the river?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Unless you are qualified and certified to go into rivers for retrievals, I'd say you're out of your area of expertise for this one.

Price out replacements for everything and quote as all new.

ProWraps

in california, the second you touch that sign, you could be involved in ALLLLL the EPA crap that goes with something being in a public waterway and potentially being harmful to the environment.

i take a fat pass on that one.

Edna

Get a tribble hook and a long rope. I bet you could fish it out. We go snagging on the Missouri River in the winter and u'd be amazed at the stuff we pull in. An' that is one of the swifest rivers in the world.

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
ha. so many puns. so little time.
1. it is the lexan face.
2. the river has almost no flow. Part, the sign is sticking out of the water right BENEATH the building outcropping. midnight retrieve always works. (i got a black wetsuit. lol.) personally, i rather make a new one, but this customer cries "i have no money" when doing other projects.
3. i am tempted to leave this one alone, but, i love a challenge!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ya gotta do... what you gotta do... to keep 'em happy.

I'd steer away from using your snorkel and wetsuit midnight special routine. Like mentioned, you aren't claiming you are going to do it, so should something go wrong, you are the ONLY one on the hook for your cheap-a$$ customer, cause you didn't get permits to conduct an illegal refurbish.

Let your customer save the money he claims he doesn't have to do it by the books and let him get in trouble should something go wrong.

I also enjoy a challenge, but doing things illegal ain't on any of my lists.

Seriously, where is the challenge in what you want to do ?? Other than proving your making a poor business decision, this seems like a no-brainer.

Last edited:

OldPaint

were & when did WATER SALVAGE fall under SIGNS???? if you answer this correctly....LET THE OWNER OF THE SIGN......RETRIEVE IT!!!!! NOT YOUR JOB DESCRIPTION!!!!