• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lighted Sign Panel

xtreme872

How would you all do these lighted sign panels? I am worried about making sure the black looks good.. In the past we have layed black tranlucent and cut the logo out, then digitally printed the logo and layed on top

Attachments

• BusyBeeSouthernDeli.jpg
    BusyBeeSouthernDeli.jpg
    668.9 KB · Views: 235

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
How would you all do these lighted sign panels? I am worried about making sure the black looks good.. In the past we have layed black tranlucent and cut the logo out, then digitally printed the logo and layed on top

I don't see why that wouldn't be ideal. If that dark grey outline wasn't there you could do all cut vinyl.. but your way seems fine.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If you don't have equipment you trust, I would use translucent for everything but the little bees. The registering of the grey will be a little tiresome, but a much better and longer lasting job, in the end.

TSC1985

IMO that would look great if the black was actually opaque. Would make the logo stand out more from the center when lit and you will not have have the dull black translucent color.

MikePro

if you're dual-layering transluscent prints like most shops do, two layers of black is opaque. if it were me, the grey's in my "base-layer" would be a bit lighter (if not borderline white) so that the toplayer's grey transluces....I might even add a bit of design to either the yellow text or the black background, like a honeycomb pattern, just for funsies.

p.s. Outlines are cool, but its not really "design" when overused.