• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lighting from ground ?

laserfred

Hi guys,

I am looking for tips on selecting lamps for illuminating a 6' (wide) x 4' (tall) sign that will be installed just above ground. It's for a condo building. I would install the lamps on the ground, just in front of it. Where to get these ? what is the appropriate power needed ? can a single lamp per side do the job ?

thanks!

signage

Make sure this is allowed by code! Most places are starting to snuff this type of lighting out!

Moze

Precision Sign Services
I'm not sure where you would get them in Canada...surely there are lighting suppliers/wholesalers up there?

LightAll is a company here in Dallas that is really good to deal with.

Ask for Bryan if you call...

Light All, Inc
2837 Anode Lane
Dallas, TX 75220

(214) 358-5331

Billct2

First be sure they're allowed.
Then hire an electrician to select and install the lamps. You can save some money by doing the prep work, trenching etc.
Third if at all possible talk them into lighting it with goosenecks
or something on the sign itself. Ground lamps just never seem to last.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
First be sure they're allowed.
Then hire an electrician to select and install the lamps. You can save some money by doing the prep work, trenching etc.
Third if at all possible talk them into lighting it with goosenecks
or something on the sign itself. Ground lamps just never seem to last.

+1

• Ground lights don't work when covered with snow.
  • people hate trimming grass around them.
  • Kids can really mess with them.
  • All light looks much better when defused from the top down rather than up.

laserfred

Thanks everyone for the help. I finally found a local lighting supplier for the lamps. Nothing fancy, PAR 38 bulbs and sealed sockets, cast aluminium and picket. The heat from the lamps melts the snow in winter so no need to dig around.
Cheers

Billct2

Let's see a pic what it looks like next February, I hear you get a bit of snow up there.

laserfred

Snow? I'm not sure I know what you're talking about...

Attachments

• 145_hiver_2008.jpg
    145_hiver_2008.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 141