• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Limit sensor error

Tony McD

Roland sp300v was printing fine, then started printing blurry and curved across the page.
First gave me a carriage disconnected error and 0101 error.
Tried to do the initialization procedure, but the cutting head wouldn't disconnect.
So I ordered a new limit sensor and strip.
Installed them and it acts the same.
It lets me start he initilization procedure, but the cut head doesn't disconnect.
Not sure what's next ?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
So you replaced the encoder strip? If not, I would clean the encoder strip first and replace if needed. Run the encoder setup and calibration in the service mode and if either of those fail, you could have a bad strip or encoder sensor. If everything is as it should be and it still has issues, are you sure you are locking the head in place before moving to the next step? You actually have to lock the head in place manually for it to work. If it starts out unlocked, you will get this error.

Tony McD

Yes, i replaced the sensor and the strip.
Don't think I'm getting the head locked right.
Will try it again tomorrow.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Yeah you can't just push it to the right and have it lock. You have to find the sweet spot. I usually slowly push it to the right and as soon as I hear a click, I stop and slightly push to the left. When you push it to the left, it should not move.

rjssigns

If you don't have the encoder sensor positioned correctly it will error out. Too close on one side or the other or crooked has the potential to cause issues. Happened when I replaced mine. I even traced around the old sensor before removing so I had a guide...nope. Fiddly work, but it should only take 10 minutes or so.