Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Link to switch back from Flexi19 to Flexi 12

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by perfectpdf, Aug 3, 2019.

1. perfectpdf

perfectpdf Member

Jan 8, 2015
    Chicago
    Here is the link we got from support to switch back to Flexi 12 for those having problems. We had major issues with color but the deal breaker even if we re-profiled was Flexi 19 would fail to print crop marks even though it said and showed they were added to the file.... including appearing visually in production manager.

Here is the link from Radisa, I just downloaded it today again to test before posting and it downloaded perfectly fine. This version of 12 has been extremely stable operating on Windows 10 that is running on a mac sporting 16gb of ram if that helps anyone.

https://spaces.hightail.com/receive/Svjto9XQEO

2. scott dunacn

scott dunacn adgrafix

Aug 27, 2018
    alabama
    I use flexi 19 not good going back to 12 thanks

3. stickerhed

stickerhed New Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Janesville, WI
    We switched back to Flexi 12 also, I found so many bugs it was unbelievable. Imported pdf files missing random text and graphics was the kicker. They sent me a patch but it didn't help. I've been with them since it was casmate, I can't believe they put this product out.

4. scott dunacn

scott dunacn adgrafix

Aug 27, 2018
    alabama
    i have used flexi for 15 years i have a mutoh vj 1204 so when i print a high res photo it has a bad red cast to the print so i called support come to find out i now more than the rep lol i need to work for flexi lol

5. perfectpdf

perfectpdf Member

Jan 8, 2015
    Chicago
    Yeah here is an example of same file and everything out of 12 crop marks and barcode show and print. Flexi 19 cropmarks show and don't print. I think this was partially a flexi driver issue but who knows. Their office has a valuejet and hp latex machines to replicate problems so make sure to let them know. Hopefully they get it fixed but this was the line in the sand here. There are other problems but we didn't even try to test everything we emailed them, got the link I posted and went on our way back to 12 after a half day wasted thinking maybe it was us.

IMG_6388.jpg IMG_6386.jpg IMG_6387.jpg

6. myront

myront CorelDRAW is best

Dec 3, 2015
    Niceville, FL
    Also see the posts here.

We are in the process of testing our rollback to 12. This also was on the advice from SAi tech support. So far all indications confirm 19 is bad. Keep in mind we only use the Production Manager, all designing and setting up reg marks, cut layer and bleeds are done at each workstation with our own custom macros then dropped in the hot folder for our print tech to handle. We still have to use 16pass to obtain pantone colors though.

7. Ldireprophil

Ldireprophil New Member

Mar 29, 2018
    Atlanta
    Interesting, I prefer 19 over 12. No problems here, guess I’m one of the lucky ones.

8. bannertime

bannertime "You guys do banners, right?"

Sep 8, 2016
    Arlington, TX
    Can you provide some workstation specs? OS, RAM, CPU, GPU, that sort of stuff?

9. Ldireprophil

Ldireprophil New Member

Mar 29, 2018
    Atlanta
    Sure, I screenshot PC specs on tomorrow and post.

• Like Like x 1
  10. perfectpdf

perfectpdf Member

Jan 8, 2015
    Chicago

are you using just designer or are you using the Flexi 19 design and print subscription? What machines are you running with it?

11. Ldireprophil

Ldireprophil New Member

Mar 29, 2018
    Atlanta
    I’m using FlexiSIGN & PRINT, (Flexi 19) I purchased a PERPETUAL license. I was using Flexi 12 before the 19 release. I’m running an HP Latex 365, HP Scitex FB550, Summa 1612.

12. WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns Major Contributor

Sep 27, 2010
    Mid TN
    I would add in there Flexi build number as well. There may or may not be a difference in builds just yet, but just in case.

Of course, there are always little quirks that can get software to run fine for some and not fine for others. Oh the joys of tech and software.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ldireprophil

Ldireprophil New Member

Mar 29, 2018
    Atlanta
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]