• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Liquid Laminate for Latex Printers

DERI

Hello Guys,

What type of Liquid Laminate is best used for latex printers? I can't seem to find a suitable one that suggest it's good for latex models.

Thanks for reading and have a great day.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Marabu ClearShield Classic Gloss- 1 Gallon

would this be a good option? anyone?

Excellent choice. Marabu [nee Clear Shield] Classic [nee Original Formula] is far ahead of whatever's in second place

It's certainly tough but doesn't have the abrasion resistance of a vinyl laminate. This might make a difference if you were sending your prints off into combat or something but ofr everyday us the liquid laminate is sufficient.

As far as UV protection, it's been my experience that the Marabu is far superior to vinyl laminates. Case in point is my personal truck. I wrapped the tailgate and put three printed panels on the hood over seven years ago. The tailgate print was laminated with Oracal 290 and the hood panels were coated with Clear Shield [it's name at the time]. A couple of years ago I had to remove the tailgate wrap as the laminate was tuirng brown and nasty looking. It was more of a condemnation that an advertisement. The panels on the hood, the ones with the Clear Shield, look as good as the day I applied them. On the front of my horse trailer there's a print made about14 or so years ago and coated with Clear Shield. This trailer is out in the weather 24/7 and only this year has the print started to deteriorate.

In this shop prints are seldom laminated with vinyl. Most everything, including banners, are given a coat of liquid laminate. No complaints yet. I have coated banners on the inside barriers of rodeo arenas that have been there at leat 6 years. Other than the occasional hoof cutting one they' still just fine.

DERI

Excellent choice. Marabu [nee Clear Shield] Classic [nee Original Formula] is far ahead of whatever's in second place

It's certainly tough but doesn't have the abrasion resistance of a vinyl laminate. This might make a difference if you were sending your prints off into combat or something but ofr everyday us the liquid laminate is sufficient.

As far as UV protection, it's been my experience that the Marabu is far superior to vinyl laminates. Case in point is my personal truck. I wrapped the tailgate and put three printed panels on the hood over seven years ago. The tailgate print was laminated with Oracal 290 and the hood panels were coated with Clear Shield [it's name at the time]. A couple of years ago I had to remove the tailgate wrap as the laminate was tuirng brown and nasty looking. It was more of a condemnation that an advertisement. The panels on the hood, the ones with the Clear Shield, look as good as the day I applied them. On the front of my horse trailer there's a print made about14 or so years ago and coated with Clear Shield. This trailer is out in the weather 24/7 and only this year has the print started to deteriorate.

In this shop prints are seldom laminated with vinyl. Most everything, including banners, are given a coat of liquid laminate. No complaints yet. I have coated banners on the inside barriers of rodeo arenas that have been there at leat 6 years. Other than the occasional hoof cutting one they' still just fine.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you very much for your response. Glad to know that I am heading in the right direction. I was hoping more so that it would have been best for abrasion as with latex( my printer atleast) is not scratch resistant no matter what settings I apply however I will still give this a try =). Thanks again

Christian @ 2CT Media

Oh yeah the 25500 was not very scratch resistant. From what we've found is that the best liquid laminates are the ones that are solvent based vs aqueous as the aqueous seems to rewet the latex ink.