• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Liquid Laminates

MP Custom

Hi All.
Hope you are all as good as you can be in this crazy world...
I am exploring the world of Liquid Laminates. In Australia, most suppliers sell Viponds UV Digi Clear.
Has anyone had much experience with this product?
If so.. What is the best application method? I feel spraying would be the best?
Please.. Any tips or tricks would be so appreciated!!!
Thank you!!
Cheers.
Mark

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
I use Clearshield by Marabu here. Great for just rolling on with a tight nap paint roller. Dries pretty quickly with low odor for the waterbased products....semi-gloss and matte. Doesn't re-activate the latex inks unless you really start scrubbing the roller down onto the print. Works so/so on UV prints.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Clear Shield Classic or Original Formula, Don't use any other formulation. I just mop it on with a foam brush, it levels extremely well as it dries. It's proven to be far more UV protection than vinyl laminates and sufficiently tough for most all applications.

MP Custom

Clear Shield Classic or Original Formula, Don't use any other formulation. I just mop it on with a foam brush, it levels extremely well as it dries. It's proven to be far more UV protection than vinyl laminates and sufficiently tough for most all applications.
Looks good Bob.Thank you! . What sort of coverage do you get? Here where I am the best price (incl shipping) is $99 AU per litre Around $77 US per liter (.26 gallons)
Seems rather expensive.

MP Custom

I use Clearshield by Marabu here. Great for just rolling on with a tight nap paint roller. Dries pretty quickly with low odor for the waterbased products....semi-gloss and matte. Doesn't re-activate the latex inks unless you really start scrubbing the roller down onto the print. Works so/so on UV prints.
I am using Eco Sol inks.. Is it still ok for them?

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Looks good Bob.Thank you! . What sort of coverage do you get? Here where I am the best price (incl shipping) is $99 AU per litre Around $77 US per liter (.26 gallons)
Seems rather expensive.

Wow. I'm paying around $90 US/gallon from Fellers. You should be able to get it for less than $77 US/liter. It goes a long way. I've always thinned it until it's about the consistency of whole milk. I mix up about a pint plus or minus at a time and store that mixture in an air-tight plastic container. When I use that up I mix some more. Your mileage may vary.