• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo cut or printed?

Stacey K

I like making signs
I did a trailer for this guy last summer and I used black and Oracal Lime Green. He wants his truck lettered now similar to the photo, I didn't design his "logo" but it is what it is. My question is...

Do I print the swoosh and use solid cut vinyl for the name so it matches the trailer exactly - yes right? When I send this off for printing should I use RGB or color match with PMS somehow? None of the greens on here match exactly to the vinyl color but I'm a little nervous about it not matching at all.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 177

brdesign

I would set up a vector print file with a pms number to match the green vinyl, if the print color isn't close enough you could cut out just the text of the company name and overlay it on the printed vinyl. I would not worry too much about the background swooshes being a perfect match unless the customer is very picky.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I would set up a vector print file with a pms number to match the green vinyl, if the print color isn't close enough you could cut out just the text of the company name and overlay it on the printed vinyl. I would not worry too much about the background swooshes being a perfect match unless the customer is very picky.
That's exactly what I will do, I hadn't thought of that but have done that in the past. Thank you!