• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo Design - Firearms related

Sabre

Good day wonderful forum :)

I've been doodling off and on over the last month trying to come up with a logo idea for a friend's small-business. He's a consultant for firearms training and personal security and an all-out awesome guy. I'm in the final stage of becoming a Firearms Safety Instructor under his wing and he has gone far above and beyond the "book training" on this adventure; I thought I'd do him a favour for his business.

Currently, I'm not convinced I'm on the right track... My best "sketch" attempt used the 'W' as a sight picture and I have just been trying to run with that. But now I'm feeling like I should run away! I lean towards the top one as he's a HUGE Glock fan, and it is similar to the classic Glock sight picture, but will anyone else get that?

Anyone with some harsh or constructive criticism is welcome to chime in. :) Thanks in advance!

Please keep in mind these are baseline concepts, not a shiny polished logo ready to present.

Attachments

• Futzing.jpg
    Futzing.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 152

Sabre

Yeah, that's my fear. He would get it, and love it... But people go to him cause they don't know what the hell a Glock is. Not to upgrade their Glock with a nice captured Tungsten unit.

How do you read it, as it stands? GER ING? Gering? Or you just dont know what the hell the W is supposed to be?

tcorn1965

Yeah, that's my fear. He would get it, and love it... But people go to him cause they don't know what the hell a Glock is. Not to upgrade their Glock with a nice captured Tungsten unit.

How do you read it, as it stands? GER ING? Gering? Or you just dont know what the hell the W is supposed to be?

Gun Sight???

Joe Diaz

For what ever reason when I see the "W" you came up with, at first I saw a ref calling a field goal, then knowing that it was firearm related I thought of a person with their arms in the air saying "don't shoot"...:Big Laugh Then I read your post and now I see what you were trying to do. Unfortunately you can't include a description of what the imagery is supposed to be every time the logo is used.

But I like the style of type you are using. It works with that type of company. Don't do the green on black though because there isn't enough contrast between the two, unless you were to use a much lighter green.

Jillbeans

I can see the W but like Joe said it looks like a ref to me.
But maybe a "gun" person would get it?
I'd like to see it in a green such as Oracal #063 lime-tree green.
Love....Jill

Marlboro Man

Good day wonderful forum :)

I've been doodling off and on over the last month trying to come up with a logo idea for a friend's small-business. He's a consultant for firearms training and personal security and an all-out awesome guy. I'm in the final stage of becoming a Firearms Safety Instructor under his wing and he has gone far above and beyond the "book training" on this adventure; I thought I'd do him a favour for his business.

Currently, I'm not convinced I'm on the right track... My best "sketch" attempt used the 'W' as a sight picture and I have just been trying to run with that. But now I'm feeling like I should run away! I lean towards the top one as he's a HUGE Glock fan, and it is similar to the classic Glock sight picture, but will anyone else get that?

Anyone with some harsh or constructive criticism is welcome to chime in. :) Thanks in advance!

Please keep in mind these are baseline concepts, not a shiny polished logo ready to present.

Been doing this stuff for 29 years. The one with the round front sight looks fine. Remember, keep it simple.

SignManiac

Here's three quick takes on it. Forget making the sight into a W.

Attachments

• Gerwing.jpg
    Gerwing.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 144

Sabre

Thanks for everyone's input and for your mock-ups SignManiac. Everything is greatly appreciated. I'm going to retain the top one and work on a couple other concepts that probably wont have the sight included, but I'll keep the thread updated as I go.

Thanks again!

Craig Sjoquist

Frankly I do not like any of the 3 ... ..but do like the green one better the w sight is good

BUT in real thinks you can do alot better ..push yourself a bit try different styles ..bold is good, conservative image is better .. remember this guy is a consultant ..professional appearance is a must .. so look at banks and other services like that to get that professional image .. then combine

G-Artist

I sort of like the middle one but I'd use a red on that part and about 1/2 the height the green is now.

Dave Drane

I know that it is overused, but I think the general public associate the crosshairs with firearms. I just played a bit with it. :tongue:

Attachments

• Gerwing.jpg
    Gerwing.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 126

Sabre

I visited this thread several times last night trying to figure out what the general thoughts were on the 'W' as a sight, and I'm not sure everyone's convinced. As a passionate shooter, I prefer the top one to echo Marlboro. But passionate shooters generally aren't the people asking him for advise.

If we drop the sight idea, does the following 2 look a little too much like a video game title? (Which he's also into, so it might not be a bad thing) I was hoping to surprise him with a finished logo, but now I'm thinking I should present him with the 3 options like I would a normal customer.

Again, purely concepts at this point.

Attachments

• Futzo 3.jpg
    Futzo 3.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 127

Sabre

I know that it is overused, but I think the general public associate the crosshairs with firearms. I just played a bit with it. :tongue:

I really appreciate your input and taking the time to mess around with it, Dave. I think I'm going to steer away from the traditional crosshairs, though.

Sabre

Yeah, I played with integrating a handgun into it, but couldn't come up with something I was happy with. The closest I got was to have the silhouette of the handgun above the Gerwing text in the 'E' Bullet one.