• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo for Repiling Company

DravidDavid

Hey guys,

I'm working on a logo for a repiling company, but all the examples/concepts I've come up with have either been used or are pathetic.

Does anyone have any sort of technique for getting their head in the zone for this kind of logo? The usual Google inspiration and random doodles don't seem to be getting the creative jucies flowing.

Any ideas are welcome also.

It's not exactly the most amazingly exciting topic in the world to create a logo for. At least for a plumber or electrician you can use cool pipe mazes, valves and lighting bolts and switches....

DravidDavid

What is repiling?

Repiling is what needs to be done when the ground underneath the building starts to shift or becomes unstable. Usually the ground will start to rip the house apart and cracks start to surface in walls...etc. When you repile, the house is lifted in to the air and new piles are driven in to the ground. The house is then lowered and secured again.

It's just as boring as it is expensive and I'm struggling!

player

Get away from your computer.

Get some large sheets of sketch paper.

Doodle out 20 or 30 quick thumbnail sketches/ideas.

Pick some that have potential.

Go back to your computer and try to make the cool thumbnails
into finished artwork.

Marlene

a logo doesn't have to have an image in fact some of the best don't. use a good strong font and a tagline that makes it clear what it is they do.

rjssigns

Could base it off a helix since helical piles are used. Well at least in the states they are. Just noticed your "address".

Jeff

Just playin...obviously this would need a ton of refining...it's just what popped in my head when I read the post.

Pro Repiling jpeg.jpg

ddubia

Get away from your computer.

Get some large sheets of sketch paper.

Doodle out 20 or 30 quick thumbnail sketches/ideas.

Pick some that have potential.

Go back to your computer and try to make the cool thumbnails
into finished artwork.

I don't do this often enough even though drawing was my first love. I'm so old we didn't even have ball point pens. Pencils were a new thing. Mostly used charcoal from the fireplace. :Big Laugh

Now-a-days I jump to the computer first and sometimes I just can't get the creative juices flowing looking at a blank screen with one hand on the mouse, one hand on the keyboard and one hand holding a cup of coffee.

I'm going to make it a point to put all that other stuff away, except for the coffee, and go back to sketching on an upcoming project.

To the OP, that suggestion from player is a great one.

DravidDavid

Now-a-days I jump to the computer first and sometimes I just can't get the creative juices flowing looking at a blank screen with one hand on the mouse, one hand on the keyboard and one hand holding a cup of coffee.
You have three hands?? :omg:

I think I will take player up on his suggestion! The helical piles is also a good idea. I never thought about the shape of the pile before!