• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo Idea

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Trying to make a new logo for myself. I am a small sign install company and don't do much designing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It looks wispy and weak. You put up signs, so make it a bold statement that you are a pillar of the community and please, for the sake of most........ don't be another company of any sorts using the state outline. Be more original.

Now, go read some books and report back after you have some new ideas.

kcollinsdesign

Old member
I'm not so sure copying the "Wichita Falls" logo is a good idea (not a good logo anyhow). But I do like the "star" shape (Texas pride). Are you called "Wichita Falls Signs"? A quick search yielded nothing. What is your market area? If your business is 70% national accounts, then a regional reference is a good idea, but "Wichita Falls" may be too limiting. Still, I like the idea of incorporating the star shape. You need something bold and easily recognizable, not so scribbly. Let me know if you would like some help!

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Yea I don't want to copy the city... Here are some others

Lkas1aaLjyQfjDW4ckdN3dyNAKndNQfpRi_tiIVmzha499xtnHUr5Yx99Tr9yNqlkzI_MV5lKF7oA-rugYjVuvdIw3omFBZ827p72x9aK194nftGGl5pQRevJ3dsFQttDtW3WC5wUqmnathoTCFAUKeWouWDdgDpdvGOUE-1L1nesIKj_HsjiSgcgDaTohTtyjcVSdQOH3NHoQguzwSANU4Ut67O80rx0nwE71wqLJQIQ12nQYdFYYlUFh6KTwR59Y84ww9FcYqZsoG3jJore7NLVhNlhbQr4HzlnBm3TDImjzQ4X_1LL14R8KxLM1jPbRhd7UeMrbqWu6zamwp6qjWchRr11aRyyENW82dRNpcRE5h60recH3omwSF6GAeP1vRpIK0aQd62lqRhu1mJwevGNXkPxQpT6xBg07vv8-T4BmZTvGqAJMjPjfQUh_RNHkm7mUMHuq-aU_ICf-DzU34DaC3HhdFF9Hi0WWi1IFnemOS4TSOBXuvmmJ3NGZ4CNy08Vb9LTZVa2LeZrMky2S02owaxC3tz7NXNA02IaHtDOEOvDT9ExaFKmCN6xGmGBPktEHPmgtKSf-xw4RTWChl0QTFv7y4iwmjt5L8PZYyc4UPOY_Uz5NGNYMCLU72yRsEiae3YWcXmR1-mWS4p0W9hkHubAzaz7D4qteeZy98fQXd4H-2F692tgkfwmNOwRYh8GwlgoE3BUsgooK8=w1798-h892-no

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
A couple of things...

The "Wichita Falls" type face is ghastly. Looks like it was finger painted by a pre-schooler. Select something that looks like it was done by an actual sign writer.

If you're going to use a star then use a star, not the bloated version you have currently.

Probably half the sign shops on the planet have the word "Signs" in Impact. Try for something else.

Do something else for Texas. The outline image you're using grabs too much eye.

In general, it's supposed to be a logo and this is far more a sign. A common failing among sign makers attempting logos

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
A couple of things...

The "Wichita Falls" type face is ghastly. Looks like it was finger painted by a pre-schooler. Select something that looks like it was done by an actual sign writer.

If you're going to use a star then use a star, not the bloated version you have currently.

Probably half the sign shops on the planet have the word "Signs" in Impact. Try for something else.

Do something else for Texas. The outline image you're using grabs too much eye.

In general, it's supposed to be a logo and this is far more a sign. A common failing among sign makers attempting logos

Maybe since I'm a sign company, the logo SHOULD be a sign layout...lol

Appreciate the feedback

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Maybe since I'm a sign company, the logo SHOULD be a sign layout...lol

Appreciate the feedback

Yeah.. ummm... LOL... typical Texas_SignMaker... stop stretching your type - no wonder you took offense at the "ghetto" signs I showed...

TimToad

Yeah.. ummm... LOL... typical Texas_SignMaker... stop stretching your type - no wonder you took offense at the "ghetto" signs I showed...

You know what they say...... "everything's bigger in Texas" Even if it gets stretched a bit to make it so.

rossmosh

Treat yourself like a customer.

Find 5 logos you like. Pick some colors you want. Decide what's important. What do you want to say in your logo?

Once you get that info, you'll probably be able to mock up 1-2 designs that look okay. Then often if you post on here and people are in a decent mood, they'll kick back an off-shoot design or offer some tweaks.

Kottwitz-Graphics

One thing I have found, I, myself, am the hardest customer to please. I tried to come up with a logo for myself, and was never really happy... So I contacted an independent designer. I called Phillip at Amigo Signs (Neato on Signs101), and hired him to help me out, and it was the best thing I ever did. He worked with me, and came up with what I use, and I am still in love with my logo...

And asking for help is not defeat, it's just asking for help. Phillip has done several logos for members here... Give him a shot, and you won't be disappointed.

Big Rice Field

Electrical/Architectural Sign Designer
I would design a simplified installation truck with a crane holding a sign with the name of your company.

Last edited:

sardocs

I'm just not feelin' the one with the truck. Maybe a local landmark instead of the whole state. And lose the phone number for a logo design.

Attachments

• witchita falls.jpg
    witchita falls.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 308

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Thanks for the ideas. I did toy around with just the "top" part of Texas but it looked weird the way I did it, Bubba's Texas doesn't look that bad at all.

The truck is cool, but the name is only like 25% of the whole thing.

I appreciate the ideas, I'll toy around with this some more.

Big Rice Field

Electrical/Architectural Sign Designer
Thanks for the ideas. I did toy around with just the "top" part of Texas but it looked weird the way I did it, Bubba's Texas doesn't look that bad at all.

The truck is cool, but the name is only like 25% of the whole thing.

I appreciate the ideas, I'll toy around with this some more.
Make the truck smaller.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I agree with not liking the whole outline of the state... I just don't want it to look too much like the city logo but I mean, they don't have a lock on using the outline of Texas? I took the star off this one so it wouldn't be so similar.
PcjdxwK_3V3m0aoA5RPPJn12lwZXzi95KGKcOxrwbLhHLuaXUj4QEaZp2MypvKTH__7tsHFqZKm98oa2VzWzXi9H6bFj-cE0WLy4cyPsBxLkmblsTy4x87crYvEUCAUmdLt0G4m-19SQp7MzvIfoK1bjHSIGuq9ykjNJysSEnX2B5lNE7pMItCC23RQAaDm5Y91YekxwZ61miaPedIy6vdfbLYJ8lOw6kQrbUX460WMK1kzQY0LibWnVxoBn3uu0mKQPs8MmsxgRv4uoQFzrX0nLUwHgD78TTeb-65PD3TxyAKE5pYsDhqzXjf_3nCe-SoIjBIKWBT02Mn6FMzpT2z5jsbdZLoZtLTjDerYkC123TCsuFwswPGVHO-f_XzKAnLaCGe9AmIH3fdI32kbwTxa9ioIue934AZ28sTKIemad7TUMbVBjRCjGfRs5ZWfoX6T9WT8ikjfYGOBmoLyB6fr01VERaxn_TWzoRVZIK6r6-d1TKKKzvtqJMD0lKJNo4QGZ9uYKMMur6t1b13JTzciIvF8W552zxVGl8Sq1-d95wD7YTQ4aNLQUm52sAKYV2gfKuWuPqcEDY6iF-3Uq1nbc2Bq-BsaR88Eetl0YbBF5AupagTAxaEpOE5ztajPym9MmoexUWY8qaLyA6U59qr_VSqaF5yuhE5Pbaeb6X62rSVMilVA4ZnToAo04QOGpbDs_t7iO6ykNlvJhOao=w944-h601-no

latest

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
It looks wispy and weak. You put up signs, so make it a bold statement that you are a pillar of the community and please, for the sake of most........ don't be another company of any sorts using the state outline. Be more original.

Now, go read some books and report back after you have some new ideas.

Books are for seniors, I just Youtubed "be a logo pro in 5 mins" that's all I need really, I mean, that's how I learned how to wrap.
Bad-Parking-Jobs-Car-Crushing-002.jpg