• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

logo idea

jkdbjj

First, I have never designed in my life, and I am not expecting any back patting here. However, I have been trying to read this forums, study books I have and actually try to apply some theory to something for me.

The only logo I have had for my company I paid someone a lot of money to do, and I wasn't real thrilled with the results.

So, I am starting from scratch, and this is my first steps. Is this a good direction, and what thoughts can you offer? I am really out of my element here!

BTW, my son thinks it is not original enough.

Thanks everyone
mylogo3.jpg

Last edited:
if your looking at changing your logo or updating your image, contact dan antoneli on the forum, the guys a genius when it comes to this type of thing, maybe worth chatting with him.

jkdbjj

if your looking at changing your logo or updating your image, contact dan antoneli on the forum, the guys a genius when it comes to this type of thing, maybe worth chatting with him.
Actually we have talked privately a bit, and he has reached out. I am interested in usin ghim, I just don't like to ask for freebies, so I need to get a plan of what I really need, and then ask him what it will cost me. We are also redoing the interior of our building and exterior :( Oh what a mess things are right now!

tsgstl

Pay someone
Your not going to become more artistic from reading a book.
I respect wanting to do it yourself.
If you do go this route at least make the l and the I the same width. And I'd turn away from Bauhaus font and never look back.

jkdbjj

Pay someone
Your not going to become more artistic from reading a book.
I respect wanting to do it yourself.
If you do go this route at least make the l and the I the same width. And I'd turn away from Bauhaus font and never look back.
I don't want to become more artistic from reading a book. I can actually draw very well, like photographic quality well.

What I lack are the rules for what makes a good logo, of which I am just now starting to research.

Seems to me, there are three parts to the equation.
1: creativity
2: rules of engagement
3: function of the various programs and putting pen to paper

I have # 3 down, as most do. I am so so at # 1, but I think # 2, is totally ruining # 1 for me. I am over thinking it, and being impatient!

I mean I know I can pay Dan, and I may have no other choice.

I'll try not to litter the forum too much, and I'll post again when I actually think I might be on to something.

Thanks for the feedback!

Dave Drane

How can you call your business "visual IMPACT" and not be able to make your own "IMPACT"??? Anyway if you are looking for an image you may just have to fake it and PAY a designer. Good luck!!

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
This does not pass my genital's test... I actually have one now that people look for them, then post them online for all to mock and jeer at...

jkdbjj

How can you call your business "visual IMPACT" and not be able to make your own "IMPACT"??? Anyway if you are looking for an image you may just have to fake it and PAY a designer. Good luck!!

100% or nearly all my work is from marketing agencies, marketing departments or similar. So what I deliver does make a visual impact for those clients.
I am trying to diversify though, and have a few freelancers I use until I can hire a good designer full time.
So currently no need or demand for me to be a good designer. My clients do all their own designs and I am the manufacturer.

jkdbjj

OK so this is a whole new direction from the OP logo, but I like this style of design. So do you hate it, like it, or what?

vi2.jpg

Colin

Better, but still not quite there. You've used the Impact font for the word IMPACT. That's kinda weird, but probably something that only us sign/design people would notice.

jkdbjj

Better, but still not quite there. You've used the Impact font for the word IMPACT. That's kinda weird, but probably something that only us sign/design people would notice.
I'm working on variations, so I'll put some more up when they are done. Thanks for the feedback.
Umm btw, Jilly, suggested American Sans for my other logo on the other thread. You think that would work for this one? I don't own that font, so I'd have to purchase I think, but it looks like a good choice for this maybe.

jkdbjj

OK, so here is a different concept. I am not sure why, but I really dig it. I keep working other concepts, but I seem to be drawn back to this one.

What do you all think?

v6.jpg

Colin

Unfortunately it doesn't really say "VISUAL IMPACT", meaning, it's kinda weak for the name.

The logo part above doesn't have anything really creative about it - kinda harsh looking.

jkdbjj

Hey Colin, this is a reworking of the other logo. I know it still uses Impact. I just don't own a similar font, so it is kind of a place holder til I can pick the right font.
Is the design progressing do you think from the first version?

v7.jpg

jkdbjj

Actually here is a version without IMPACT font, but something similar. Does it really make a difference? Or should it be a totally different font?

Thanks!

v9.jpg