• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo Redesign

MotorCityMan

A car club asked me to redo their logo, here's a before and after. Mine has the carbon fiber fyi

Attachments

• logo_1.jpg
    logo_1.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 155
  • photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    298.9 KB · Views: 134

visual800

I like it but I dont like how the carbon fibers looks sharp and vivid and the other is just plain blah colors. The FB at bottom is hard to decipher at first glance

Jillbeans

Adding carbon fiber and a few outlines does not make a drastic improvement.
You cannot rely on effects to save a weak design.
This will be a nightmare for them to reproduce on trophies, T shirts, etc.
I would lose the effects, and make the FB in white in a better font.
Love....Jill

rjpjr

I would be surprised if they accepted a design that strayed too far from the "Trans Am Phoenix" look. I would research this a little more and have another go at it.

Attachments

• 389482220.jpg
    389482220.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 148

MotorCityMan

I would be surprised if they accepted a design that strayed too far from the "Trans Am Phoenix" look. I would research this a little more and have another go at it.

I confess i need more sign research and practice but, I definitely don't need to research Trans Am's I have been in love with them for over 30 years and have owned twenty, the bird is a third gen base not a second gen.

Attachments

• 87bluewhtehdb.jpg
    87bluewhtehdb.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 129

rjpjr

...the bird is a third gen base not a second gen.
then I stand corrected. I did not recognize it with the wings filled. :banghead:
Maybe if the fill was not there the wings would have more historical impact. Also, possibly slide the Phoenix down so that more of the base is visible.

...I have been in love with them for over 30 years and have owned twenty
You Sir are one lucky *******! :omg2::thumb:

Attachments

• fbody.jpg
    fbody.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 141

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
so ... do you consider your logo changed from the elements you ripped out of the 3rd gen design (that is highly trademarked)?

also, the FB is horrible, I get the idea ... just doesn't work. the carbon fiber and grey to white gradient outline don't match the feel of the rest of the logo ... you have some photoshop wet dream marks on a mundane logo ... either go all the way or find a way to make the design work without the b.s. filler first.

ucmj22

yes..... but can you embroider it?.....eh.... eh

its ok. I would definitely stay away from raster effects in a logo, and I'm not fond of the font for the FB

OldPaint

in all honesty..............the original is more informative, and recognizable. this is the old saying...........if you cant dazzle them with your brilliance..........BAFFLE EM WITH BULLCRAP)))) adding fills and a couple unrecognizable alphabets..............dont make it anything...............

I've always wanted to meet whomever designed Futura Black just to say "What were you thinking?" It took them 30+ years but I believe the Minnesota Vikings finally saw the light and quit using it.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Also make sure yourself and what ever group you do this for is prepared for any trademark infringement blow back. Hate to be stuck on this ... but that is like using the shield from the harley logo and changing the text ... they might hit them hard for it.

tsgstl

Just playing around, always fun when its not your own. I'm sure this breaks every copyright rule, I was just having fun.

Attachments

• fb9.jpg
    fb9.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 126

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Since you've owned 20 of them.... are you in this particular club ??

If so, I'd be rather eager to give them something high end looking or looking bad in front of your members.